2795393 – Systems Engineer
£40.00 - £45 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Systems Engineer for an initial 12-month contract. Working as part of the Zephyr Engineering team, contributing to the ongoing performance improvements of the world record breaking Zephyr Platform, and exploiting its capability to deliver customer solutions.
Role: Systems Engineer
Pay: £45 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 35 Hours per week, 12 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in delivering System solutions;
- Manage and effectively communicate the System roadmap and communicate with wider Engineering community, including Zephyr System Architects
- Manage new and existing suppliers/stakeholders
- Make decisions with a balanced view of all stakeholder requirements, ensuring projects are run efficiently and profitably while delivering robust technical solutions on time to meet demanding schedules.
- Manage technical risk within projects through early involvement in project design reviews, early commencement of mitigation activities, managing requirements creep and clear definition of the technical scope of projects from their outset;
- Define appropriate implementation and proportionate application of the project product assurance plan to the project.
- Active participation in flight trials
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of technologies relevant to the design and operation of UAVs including secure communications and network architectures.
- Ability to understand the overall Zephyr architectural solution and devise strategies to overcome key challenges.
- Able to rapidly perform system level trade-offs and access sub-system options in terms of system performance, capability, reliability and implementation within the project schedule and to the necessary quality level.
- Able to effectively perform system and subsystem technical reviews and chair meetings.
- Ability to communicate and explain requirements to subsystem managers and to define and explain acceptance test criteria.
- Ability to review acceptance test data and results in the context of assessing compliance with requirements, airworthiness criteria or more succinctly, fundamental assessment of whether a system or sub-system is fit for purpose;
- Knowledge of manufacturing engineering techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of suitable test methods, qualification and acceptance criteria across a variety of subsystems and technologies;
- Knowledge of electronic/software/embedded system design, delivery process and acceptance test and qualification criteria;
- Degree qualified in Eng/Sci/Tech/Aero + SE experience
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Principal Product Assurance Engineer – Manufacturing
Antenna Design Engineer
Project Manager – MAIT Environment & Sustainability Lead
Senior Engineer – Electronic Components
Equipment Test Architect
Power Systems Engineer