Cam Process Engineer
£25.00 - £31.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a CAM Process Engineer to join on them on a 6 contract. As a CAM Process Engineer, you will be responsible to carry through AIT requirements for the production machining of satellite components from engineering concept to shop floor. Ensure quality and process robustness through continuous review and improvement of processes
Role: CAM Process Engineer
Pay: £31.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (ad hoc opportunity for working extra hours mid-week & weekends)
Security Clearance: BPSS
Communicate effectively with counterparts in other product groups/business units, peers & managers to share expertise.
Provide technical requirements & justifications to the MGSE & Tooling Engineering group.
Support engineers and/or subcontractors, including coaching and mentoring where appropriate.
Influence design teams and offer production advice and preferences to ensure DFM is upheld and ensure the AIT CAM processes are followed.
Provide technical requirements & justifications to CAE and the IM portal and intranet group.
Support to project and quality groups offering technical advice as necessary.
- To develop and build relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a team
- The accurate production of CNC data including all checking and setting sheets in accordance with company procedures
- Able to drive the company design tool 3DX
- Actively seek to develop own learning and skills and to keep up to date with new processes and tooling
- Ability to deliver multiple tasks to set time frames with minimal supervision
- Able to organise and manage own workload inline with production requirements
- The ability to understand and use company systems and software
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written (internally and externally)
- Identify problems and apply technical knowledge to resolve them
- Suggest process improvements considering business benefits
- Takes responsibility for implementing improvements
- Is aware of the need to involve others as required
- Instigate request and purchase of tooling and small shop aids as necessary to support shop floor activities and aid in-cycle time reduction
- To write company documentation as required.
- Experience in setting and operating CNC machines in an Aerospace environment, preferably in the space sector
- Typically 5 year’s relevant experience in a Manufacturing Machine shop Engineering Role
- Appreciation of machining techniques e.g. CFRP, Composite, Honeycomb panels
- Understanding of prismatic machining fundamentals
- 5-axis machining
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings and 3D models
- A good knowledge of clamping methods including vacuum tables
- A good knowledge of CAD/CAM software in a 3D environment
- Good understanding of machine including Heidenhain and Siemens
- A good understanding of spacecraft manufacture and build philosophies
- Knowledge of VB scripting in the CAM environment
- The ability to “hit the ground running” would be hugely advantageous
- Some clean room working
- Occasional UK/European travel
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”