Clinical Nurse Advisor
£20 - £24.30 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Clinical Nurse Advisor to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Clinical Nurse Advisor, you will be responsible for providing clinical support to the Occupational Health Department in a customer quality-focus manner, supporting the overall business objectives. To ensure the service delivery meets both legal and business requirements.
Role: Clinical Nurse Advisor
Pay: £24.30 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Contract: 12 months – contract will be extended and be continuous
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS clearance
- Health surveillance: perform the required health surveillance procedures and interpret results in line with department procedure / policy. Advising the employee and business, when appropriate of the outcome of the results.
- Production and maintenance of confidential medical records. Adhering to the standards as defined by the NMC and the internal policies and procedures.
- Interpret data from health surveillance and make recommendations based on results.
- To participate in development of health promotion programmes designed to inform and educate workers about health issues at work.
- To respond to an injured / unwell employee in line with departmental policies.
- To observe the Code of Professional Conduct of the NMC
- Respond to customer / business demands in a professional manner.
- Referral to other professional within Occupational Health team as required
- Ensures own professional compliance with NMC.
- Support in coordination and scheduling of appointments
- Adheres to departmental and company policies and procedures.
- In dealing with emergencies, can co-ordinate and make life saving decisions
- Maintain effective relationships between the Occupational Health Department, customer departments, individuals, and external services to achieve business objectives.
- To advise on Occupational Health issues to individuals
- Ability to work unsupervised, but escalate issues where appropriate
- Ensuring tasks and objectives are completed with adherence to timescales and relevant reporting mechanisms.
- Uses own professional judgement, as guided by NMC Professional Code of Conduct and are accountable for own practice and decisions made.
- Assist in planning and organisation of proactive health promotion activities to aid employee health awareness of business objectives.
- Look for areas of improvement, work with the team to continually develop and improve the service
- Ability to recognise own weaknesses within the team and plan own professional development.
Knowledge and Experience
- Registered General Nurse level 1,12
- Health Surveillance screening – desirable, but training will be given as required
- Industrial Audiometry/Spirometry certificate and other specialist skills desirable
- Qualification in Occupational Health desirable but not essential
- NEBOSH certificate desirable but not essential
- Interpersonal, communication and motivational skills essential
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”