Component Inventory Specialist
Gatwick, West Sussex
£30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
Share this job
I am seeking an Component Inventory Specialist for a permanent opportunity near Gatwick, West Sussex. My client offers the sale, loan & exchange of engineering components, as well as repair management, leasing & contract support.
The Component Inventory Specialist will manage the return of parts from customers and to suppliers, as well as organise repairs.
This role would suit a super organised individual who has some knowledge of supply chains.
You should possess a thirst for knowledge and learning, a positive and proactive mindset, with an enthusiasm to get stuck in! Training provided.
Location: Near Gatwick Airport
Shift: Mon-Fri. 40 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 – £32,000 per annum DOE
- Manage & expedite components to and from customers, minimising the turn around time
- Report on the level of components still in the repair process
- Resolve suppliers’ backlogs, ensuring delays are kept to a minimum, encouraging excellent communication with the customer and/or supplier
- Pro-actively engage with the allocated Key Account Managers (KAMs) to ensure implementation of all contractual requirements to guarantee customer satisfaction and contract performance.
- Identify any potential problems and risks at an early stage, being proactive with all concerned parties and create contingency/recovery plans and actions.
- Explore potential market source for new suppliers that could improve effectiveness, increase profitability or enable the company to embark in a wider range of activities should this be advantageous.
- Co-ordinate the movement of parts between global locations while keeping freight spend to a minimum.
- Regularly interact with other internal teams including: Repair Cycle Management, Finance, Inventory Management, Traffic/ Logistics, Quality, I.T, Commercial and HR
- Establish and maintain a high quality of service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Respond to customer’s and supplier’s questions quickly and efficiently, building key relationships.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Some office-based supply chain experience
- Advanced computer proficiency: Microsoft Office – Word/Excel/Outlook and easily able to adapt to company specific internal IT-system(s).
- Confidence on the telephone and in your decision making
- This role will be 100% office based
- Mon – Fri working week. 8.30am- 5pm
- Salary: £30,000- £32,000 DOE
- Free onsite parking and excellent public transport links
- Attractive benefits package including Private Medical & Dental Insurance, Enhanced Pension Scheme, Life Assurance cover, Annual VDU eye tests
- Training and development opportunities
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
HR Business Partner
PBH Account Manager
Field Service Representative – Aeronautical Training Devices
Director of Component Reliability and Engineering