Design Data Engineer – PLM
£30.00 - £35.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Design Data Engineer – PLM to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Design Data Engineer – PLM, you will be responsible for co-ordinate and manage the ‘drawn’ design record and will become a key ‘go to’ person within the Airbus Zephyr program working closely across a number of teams to ensure the design record is current and configuration controlled.
The Zephyr program is at the leading edge of the technology and constantly looking for improvements and new developments to enhance its HAPS (High Altitude Pseudo Satellite) capabilities which has resulted in a diverse design record.
Role: Design Data Engineer
Pay: £35.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Farnborough, Hants
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid is an option, 3 days on site 2 days WFH)
Security Clearance: BPSS
This is an exciting position offered at a point in time where the project is soon to transition from a largely manually controlled design record into a PLM controlled electronic record.
The individual will be part of a mechanical engineering team but support and coordinate the data loading from a number of technical teams and will need to liaise closely with the configuration control/quality team.
As the existing aircraft program advances so will the need to expand the design record to cater for new variants initially and then a new aircraft as well as associated support equipment(s).
Working within a multidisciplinary team the post holder will;
- Report to the mechanical engineering manager and take responsibility for the management of all data associated with;
- Digital design (CAD modelling)
- Issued drawing sets
- Subsequent approved changes into the drawn design record
- Introduction of new design data
- Be the focal point for the configuration of the drawn design record
- Manage and oversee the PLM toolset with respect to the loading and modification of the design data contained within it
- Complete, or oversee, the loading of design data into the PLM toolset
- Co-ordinate access to the PLM toolset and be the interface with downstream users such as Production and its use of the PLM data load into SAP
- Provide technical inputs and advice to the wider team (PLM users) with respect to loading data on to the PLM toolset
- Assist with user trouble shooting on the PLM toolset – providing ‘at elbow support’
- Provide training as and when required
- Attend and represent design/technical at Production reviews with respect to design data configuration
- Continuous improvement – Proactively identify any improvements that could positively affect either quality, product, product performance or the production cycle
- Provide a pro-active input to and ensure the continuity of your own ongoing professional development
- Hands on’ experience or working with a PLM toolset, either as a data manager or proficient user
- Experienced in digital model management within a design CAD toolset e.g. PDM
- Experience of managing design data, ideally in the aviation sector
- ONC or relevant qualification/experience in data management
- Experienced user of CAD design/modelling package(s) – ideally using Solid Works.
- Experience or knowledge of aircraft configuration control
- Experience of overseeing/managing design changes within an aviation design record
Essential Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements
- Ability to plan/manage prioritise tasks
- Ability to work alone, or as part of a team, as the work dictates
- Reliable with respect to quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Good attention to detail
- Good communicator – able to articulate arising issues and offer resolutions
- Quality conscious – working methods demonstrate good change management /configuration control
- Whilst most work is programmed, our customer’s schedules are key to our success and the team’s ability flex and adapt with changing demands requires a flexible work ethic/attitude
- Pro-active problem solver and interrater of data to quickly identify and resolve issues
- Experience of supporting and working within a design/production/manufacturing environment
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”