Director of Distribution Engineering Services – Aircraft MRO
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
The client supports aircraft owners, operators and MROs with cost-saving solutions services at each phase of the aircrafts life-cycle. They provide revolutionary service-led inventory supply chain programs to global commercial airlines, aircraft owners and operators. They are an industry leading aerospace specialist, having been in game for nearly 30 years.
Manage Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) New Product Development (NPD) projects under the direction of the Managing Director of Program Management. This includes review of customer master usage data collections, illustrated parts catalogues and component maintenance manuals as well as other sources of raw data from which candidate selections for NPD parts can be made in support of providing our OEM partners with vetted NPD opportunities. Additionally the Director of Distribution Engineering Services (DES) provides detailed market analysis to support new distribution line proposals, development and initial provisioning activities. This activity requires extensive project management as well as development of sales and marketing analysis to bring newly developed products to market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain customer master usage data collections through interface with the sales and business development teams.
- Analyze all customer master usage data collections, illustrated parts catalogues and component maintenance manuals as well as other sources of raw data from which candidate selections for NPD parts can be made in support of providing our OEM partners with vetted NPD opportunities.
- Research potential NPD parts to vet opportunities in terms of business economics, value engineering, competitive analysis of competing parts and repair interests, assess business risk areas.
- Work with external sales and business development team to identify sponsor customers to support NPD projects with sponsorship developmental commitments.
- Assess producibility of NPD candidates and identify value stream technologies for match with partner OEMs and identify patented technologies and other possible roadblocks to success.
- Work with sales and business development team to obtain scrap parts, development new parts and required data inputs.
- Be a single point of contact for all NPD projects.
- Manage timeline and process flow for all NPD projects in Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software.
- Coordinate new part engineering approval package creation/development/customization for submission to airlines in driving new part approvals and incremental business creation.
- Travel as required in support of business development and trade shows.
- Communicate daily with management all aspects of NPD initiatives in support of DES.
- Support periodic business reviews with suppliers to review contract performance.
- Interface directly with OEM engineering groups during developmental phase of new NPD projects.
- Develop sales and marketing analysis to bring newly developed parts to market and inform the sales and business development process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university in engineering (preferably mechanical or aerospace); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of Aerospace experience dealing with parts and knowledge of the FAA/PMA parts and DER repairs industry preferred.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Ability to multi-task/prioritize and organize.
- Project management experience.
Apply for this role
Electronic Engineer – PCB
Mechanic or Cat A Mechanic
B1 Licensed Engineer
Electrical Calibration Operator
Mechanical Manufacturing Technician
Electronics Design Engineer
Helicopter Mechanic assembly line
Simulation & Modelling Engineer