Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £25100 per annum + Plus shift allowance
Share this job
My client is looking for an Electroplater to join on them on a permanent role. As an Electroplater, you will be responsible for handling all the various aspects of the plating process including cleaning, masking and plating. The candidate will be working as an apart of the plating team in setting up and controlling plating equipment to coat metal objects electrolytically with cadmium, chromium, nickel or other metal to provide protective surfaces or to build up worn surfaces according to specifications.
Role: Skilled and Semi- skilled Electroplater – Permanent position
Pay: From £25,100 plus shift allowance
Location: West London
Hours: Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
Proven ability to understand and interpret process standard practices, drawings and overhaul manuals.
· Ability to undertake material handling to include slings and jigs
· Ability to undertake surface preparation by grit blasting techniques.
· Ability to undertake component surface stripping, surface preparation, masking and electro plating of components requiring cadmium plating or/and hard chromium plating and nickel plating.
· Ability to undertake dalic cadmium plating of components.
· Ability to undertake alocrom plating process.
· Ability to complete work in a manner that satisfies Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
· An awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company’s environmental procedures.
· Responsible for actions related to the COMAH emergency plan and any other requirements necessary to comply with the successful implementation of the COMAH plan.
· You will be required to maintain Practical Experience Record (PER) book.
· You may be required to train personnel with a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience
· All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures
The position requires from time to time flexibility in working hours including working overtime.
· The nature of the job requires the applicant to come into contact with various chemicals
· The position involves use of overhead cranes (onsite training given).
· The job requires the applicant to understand manual handling principles
· The position involves the use of electroplating equipment
· The ability to keep your working area clean and tidy and to a 5s standard
· The position and process involves lifting heavy aircraft components.
· Worked within a Plating Shop environment
· Have a basic understanding of Boeing SOPM, or similar
· Experience of working in a JAA 145 and/or 14 CFR part 145 environment is preferable but not mandatory as training will be given
· Applicants must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Unfortunately, sponsorships cannot be provided now or in the future.
Education & Training
· Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
· Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent
· Related training by the IMF to basic or higher level, or similar desirable
- Competitive salary package
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Discounted flight benefits
- Reduced gym membership, retail & hotel discounts
- Seasonal company events
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Development & Production Test Engineer
Production Manager (Aviation MRO)
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer