Health & Safety Officer
£20.00 - £22.60 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Health & Safety Officer to join on an initial 12-month contract. The Health & Safety Officer is responsible for helping discharge the accountability for keeping people safe. You will promote Environment and Health & Safety topics at the workplace throughout the organisation at all levels (shop floor staff to senior management).
Role: Health & Safety Officer
Pay: £22.60 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday – Friday 35 hours per week, 12-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Tasks & Accountabilities
- Provide the initial point of contact within the business for all EHS issues such as induction, visitors, insurers, and enforcement agencies
- Coordinate regular review of the area to ensure EHS roles and responsibilities are effectively deployed.
- Support local management in the provision of suitable and sufficient risk assessment and control. Including risk management associated with the dynamic nature of maintenance activities.
- Maintain risk register and risk reduction plan.
- Monitor and ensure legislative compliance (UK legislation, Airbus EHS policies, codes of practice, procedures, core EHS-UK team mandates etc).
- Anticipate legislative changes and prepare the Industrial Maintenance department for compliance.
- Support local management in ensuring employee safety through competence management.
- Engage specialist support to provide technical competence to deliver a safe system of work and safe industrial means.
- Drive a ‘safety first’ culture and be a ‘champion for safety’.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and coordinate regular reviews of emergency procedures.
- Coordinate regular reviews of emergency procedures.
- Test the effectiveness of emergency procedures.
- To compile and maintain all necessary statutory records and other local EHS data as required
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Good working knowledge of applicable legislation guidance and best practice.
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative.
- Proven communications skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation to a high standard.
- Ability to produce suitable and sufficient risk assessments that appropriately balance cost and risk
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office software and the use of databases.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
UK Employee Communications Manager
Technical Project Manager
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Supply Team Administrator
Aviation Industry Lawyer – Competition Law
IT Senior Buyer
Cyber Security System Engineer
Sales & Sourcing Specialist