Hassocks, West Sussex
£20000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
Share this job
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Executive to join them on a permanent basis! The role will involve working as part of the Logistics team to ensure that all aspects of import function are handled in accordance with company procedures and meet all operational requirements. Providing a high quality of service to all customers and departments in all aspects of the Logistics function.
Role: Logistics Import Executive
Location: Hassocks – a driving license is essential due to location
Salary: £20,412 – £30,066
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30, fully on site
- To process and react to the urgency of all Import shipment variations to/from global customers, facilities and suppliers.
- Recognise and organise hazardous & oversized shipments in accordance with shipping constraints, negotiate cost effective shipment methods when required, utilising the logistics network
- Provide import clearance instructions in accordance to the relevant adhering regulations
- Investigate & classify product commodity codes
- Identify, investigate and resolve all manner of import queries with commitment that the best solution was adopted and delivered.
- Assist and provide guidance on shipping documentation with regards to imports & exports to and from global locations
- Investigate, approve, and resolve queries for freight accounting invoices.
- Obtain, audit, process Import Entry data recognising and logging errors accurately
- Assist where required with Import/Export, Data classification audit functions and actioning the most appropriate resolution for entry amendments
- Assist with the shipment of Export control goods, operational export compliance screening & forms. Provide advice on export control legislation and licences
- Assist when required with the organisation, allocation, monitoring of shipments and prioritisation of the day-to-day workload needs.
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments.
- Contribute ideas, and suggestions for improvement to assist with the development of all department functions to ensure continued improvement of the automation, accuracy and efficiency
- Assist when required with the provision, collation, analysis and ideas for department reports
- Assist with knowledge sharing and development of all peers
- Assist the Logistics department / leadership and undertake other duties as required
- Support compliance and best practice in all areas of the company’s business including company and legal regulations, policies, and procedures. – Understand and adhere to export control regulations where relevant
- At all times act in the very best interests of the company maintaining required levels of professionalism and confidentiality
Requirements for Executive Role:
- Minimum 1 years’ Logistics/Shipping/Import experience preferably gained in an aviation environment
- Minimum of 2 years administration experience gained within an office environment
- Knowledge of import and export procedures and controls desirable
- Educated to A-Level preferred
- Ability to work towards and exceed set targets and KPI’s
- Passion to develop in depth knowledge and skills within Logistics
- Demonstrate good accuracy, attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Analytical thinker with ability to recognise, investigate, respond and solve problems
- Excellent Ability to multi-task prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong organisation, time management and excellent administration skills
- Pro-active, Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to succeed in a busy environment
- Professional and confident telephone skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments
- Excellent computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with some experience with Quantum and web-based Aircraft parts databases highly advantageous
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV at Line Up Aviation.
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Asset Team Leader
Repair Management Executive
CAD Process Engineer
Test Operation Support Engineer
Electrical Skilled Production Technician
AIT Skilled Production Technician
OCC Duty Manager
Quality Technical Support
Actuation lab co-ordinator