Bolton, Greater Manchester
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £24.46 per hour
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for a Mechanical Inspector to join them on a 12-month contract.
Role: Mechanical Inspectors
Hours: Full time onsite – 37 hours per week
Clearance: BPSS required before starting
Hourly Rate: £24.46 per hour via Umbrella – inside IR35
What you’ll be doing:
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Examining for correct assembly
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
- Inspect for physical damage
- Intermediate inspection checks non product certification
- Monitor product certification operators
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Control defect items via segregation from good product
- Raise and maintain relevant data records/defect reports
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history sheets
- Care for and use specialised inspection tools
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Ensure inspection times are met
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
- Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement.
- Approved Apprenticeship/Apprenticeship Framework/Modern Apprenticeship essential – Ability to provide certificates essential
- Vocational G or H Units with Further Education, City & Guilds Parts 1, 2 & 3 or Vocational TR23 Units with Further Education, ONC or City & Guilds Parts 1, 2 & 3 or Vocational NVQ3 with Further Education, BTEC ONC/HNC – Ability to provide certificates essential
- Experience with inspecting the work of other people is essential
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21or HNC
- Several years’ experience as a skilled person
- IPC 610 certified / trained preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer