Repair Design Engineer
£38.00 - £42.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Repair Design Engineer Partner to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Repair Design Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering structural repairs and repair processes to support the entire Airbus fleet. We work closely together to provide complex repairs in support of planned major repair activities. We enjoy the challenge of creating and delivering repairs for any sort of damage, anywhere on the wing!
Role: Repair Design Engineer
Pay: £38.00 – £42.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton (3 days onsite and 2 remote)
Contract: 6 Months – 35 hours per week Monday – Friday
– Creating CATIA models, drawings and embodiment instructions for repairs to outer wing structural components.
– Delivering repair designs and documentation using Airbus approved methods and tools, working closely with skilled analysis engineers to develop optimum repairs.
– Managing your own activities which involve liaising with different specialists inside and outside our teams across different departments across the globe
– Networking and maintaining strong communications to ensure the correct flow of information of any type is delivered to the right people at the right time.
– Developing methods and processes for repair design, working with method experts and tool owners to enhance the design capability of the repairs teams
– You are a skilled aerospace design engineer.
– You enjoy working as part of a team to develop effective solutions to complex technical problems.
– You organise and monitor tasks so that work progresses efficiently and meets customer expectations.
– You collaborate well in a team, and are able to work with other teams and individuals inside and outside Airbus (e.g. external subcontractors) to ensure efficient delivery of tasks.
– Good knowledge of Airbus design tools and processes including CATIA V5 – An understanding of the fundamental methods of aerospace structural design.
– Ability to liaise/negotiate with Customer Services and suppliers.
– Ability to demonstrate excellent computer skills. – Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
– Ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables.
Education & Training
– Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
– Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering degree (or equivalent) and relevant engineering experience
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”