Maintenance and Engineering
£45.00 - £49.25 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a RF Designer to join them on a 12-month contract. The primary focus for the RF Design engineer with proven practical design experience for cutting edge defence products will be working on the research, design and testing of cutting-edge radio-frequency technology for integration into complex weapons systems, with a focus on utilising your hands on experience to carry out modifications or rapid prototypes where required.
Role: RF Designer
Pay: Up to £49.25 per hour via Umbrella Company – DOE
Contract: 12 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security clearance required before starting.
Our client requires a team player who can use their initiative and has a real passion for electronic engineering.
The role interfaces with various stakeholders, such as the Datalink core team, Design Authority and other functional groups which will need to be managed effectively to ensure the designs are delivered in a timely manner and will integrate to the other parts of the system.
You’ll be working on the research, design and testing of cutting-edge radio-frequency technology for integration into complex weapons systems, with a focus on utilising your hands on experience to carry out modifications or rapid prototypes where required.
- Proven practical RF (component level) design and testing of RF circuits across a wide frequency range (eg, 30MHz to 30GHz, including LNA Amplifier, High Power Amplifier, filter, local oscillator, synthesiser, modulator design etc)
- RF design experience for harsh environments (EMC, vibration, thermal)
- Ability to perform design proving tests and trials in the onsite laboratory Excellent practical skills including soldering, fault finding and the use of RF test equipment including Spectrum Analysers, Power Meters & VNAs Good knowledge of digital, analogue and power supply design Experience using RF design tools ( eg Microwave Office), including layout.
- Fully conversant with manufacturing techniques and capabilities, including design for manufacture and test.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Able to communicate clearly any problems, solutions or results to team and customer.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Electronic Engineer – PCB
Mechanic or Cat A Mechanic
B1 Licensed Engineer
Electrical Calibration Operator
Mechanical Manufacturing Technician
Electronics Design Engineer
Helicopter Mechanic assembly line
Simulation & Modelling Engineer