Senior Building Control Inspector
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Our client has a great opportunity for a Senior Building Control Inspector to join them on a permanent basis. As the Senior Building Control Inspector, you will be a vital part of a dynamic team as you deliver statutory building control functions on a wide range of commercial and domestic projects.
You’ll be involved at every stage of the construction process and, with health and safety at the heart of everything you do, you’ll create the standards that make sure these projects are safe, compliant and sustainable.
Role: Senior Building Control Inspector
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Remote, however willingness to travel essential
Salary: Discussed Upon Application
What you’ll be doing:
- Be involved in external contract, growth and resilience work
- Delivering all building control functions and services, including pre-application meetings, plan checking, site inspections and visits of various nature
- Making decisions on works, applications, notices and other matters, controlled under the Building Act 1984, Building Regulations 2010 and an imminently new Building Safety Regime.
- Liaising with other partner agencies and authorities, as required in the process of carrying out your duties and responsibilities
- Upselling building control services and specialist services, including other associated provisions
- HNC, HND or a degree or an equivalent qualification
- Comprehensive experience in a building control department of a local authority or similar building control body
- Good knowledge of current building control legislation, forms of applications, guidance and issues and understanding of the pending new regulatory changes
- Knowledge and understanding of operating building control software systems
- Strong ability to undertake all duties in accordance with the building control quality management system and building control performance standards policy adopted
- An incisive and practical problem solver
- Excellent customer care skills and the ability to build good client relationships.
- 23 days holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Access to a tailored learning and development programme linked to a career pathway
- Payment of one professional membership relevant to the post
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Flexible working options available
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer