Senior Mechanical Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be developing innovative, low cost, and robust engineering solutions enabling the remote deployment of structures.
Role: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Hours: Full Time, flexible working available
Salary: Discussed Upon Application
- Work closely with Programme Manager to lead on all mechanical engineering tasks in support of the product stream.
- Develop strong relationships with customers to understand their requirements and use your expertise to identify any impact on designs and resolve technical issues/requirements pragmatically and efficiently.
- Design lightweight, robust, low cost, stowage efficient mechanisms to support structures deployment.
- Carry out detailed reviews to test and prove the robustness of the design in all anticipated situations.
- Maintain the mechanism section within a technical suite of documents e.g. VCD, DDVP, ICD, technical budgets, assembly, and test plan
- Track and verify specified requirements
- Assume overall responsibility for the cost and schedule budget apportioned to the work package in hand
- Manage individual packages of work, prioritising the tasks within that work package and delegating effort with responsibility for controlling budgets set to the work programme by the project manager
- Provide technical expertise to procurement, assembly, and test activities
- Support bids and proposals with the Business Development team as and when required
- Represent the project team at meetings where various stakeholders are present
- Producing, compiling, and presenting technical content at project meetings including customer facing and to external stakeholders where required
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science subject
- Detailed understanding of one of the following disciplines and familiarity with the rest: mechanical, thermal, electrical systems, systems engineering
- Demonstrative experience with one or more of the following: Gears, motors, or mechanisms
- Experience in a similar role within a regulated industry (Space, Nuclear, Oil/Gas, Aerospace, Automotive etc)
- Excellent planning & organising across multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills and proficient with MS Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Excellent team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Proactive and innovative approach to problem solving presenting findings and solutions
- Quality mindset with excellent attention to detail
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience with software packages for mechanical design and/or structural analysis, thermal analysis and mathematical modelling e.g. SW professional, FEMAP, NASTRAN,ADAMS, Matlab etc
- Familiarity with RF systems engineering
- UK Government National Security Vetting to SC (Security Check) or DV (Developed Vetting) level or willing to apply for this vetting
*Due to the sensitive nature of the projects being worked on it is essential that the role holder has UK Government National Security Vetting to SC (Security Check) or DV (Developed Vetting) level. If this is not already in place the candidate must be able to successfully gain SC clearance meeting the following obligations: a candidate will normally need to have been a UK resident for at least five years and undergo the following: Completion of BPSS. A full security questionnaire. Checks on criminal records, credit and financial history, and Security Service records.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer