Senior Warranty Specialist
Gatwick, West Sussex
£35000.00 - £37000.00 per annum
Share this job
I am seeking a Senior Warranty Specialist with previous experience in a similar role in the aviation industry.
This opportunity will be based near Gatwick for a global aerospace supply chain business who are expanding due to their ongoing success.
The core function of the Senior Warranty Specialist is to optimise revenue and cost savings from contractual warranty, reliability, product support conditions offered by the aircraft manufacturers and suppliers and insurance recoveries from damage and lost-in-transit events.
The role also requires the development of a strong relationship with partner airlines, external vendors and other concerned warranty organisations to ensure constant improvement is attained.
- Initiate, process and authorise warranty claims against OEMs and vendors by obtaining technical descriptions of defects, corrective action taken, labour, material and other resource usage on behalf of the company and customer contracts. Quotation evaluation and cost approval. This includes cost management to hold suppliers to contractual terms, warranty enforcement and making commercial challenges.
- Overview and management of warranty claims relating to New Aircraft Warranty, 3rd party repair warranty, workmanship & material warranty and purchase warranties.
- Review technical documentation such as Engineering Reports, Engineering Orders, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and Maintenance/Overhaul Manuals to determine applicability of warranty agreements.
- Challenge warranty rejections with technical rebuttals, and negotiate warranty settlements with manufacturers.
- Monitor and challenge suppliers to maximize financial compensation.
- Monitor vendor performance.
- Effectively capture introduction of new aircraft to coverage list to ensure warranty capture.
- Implement, lead and maintain global warranty performance reporting metrics.
- Investigate, recommend and implement new or revised methods to increase warranty recovery and cost savings. Identify and coordinate development of automated warranty identification capabilities.
- Promote warranty awareness in workshops by setting policies and procedures and conducting training of repair cycle management staff.
- Develop positive and strong supplier, customer and internal relationships, seek to improve working methods and communications.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Hold a HNC/HND or Degree in an Engineering discipline or have direct relevant experience in repair cycle management with exposure to warranty repair order management, preferably in the aviation sector.
- Familiarity with aircraft systems and aircraft/engine maintenance practices and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyse large volumes of data to identify trends whilst possessing high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully review repair quotations and determine warranty outcomes based on data available.
- Effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure
- Very detail oriented
- Salary £35,000-£37,000
- Mon-Fri. 40 hours per week
- Free onsite parking and excellent public transport links
- Attractive benefits package including Private Medical & Dental Insurance, Enhanced Pension Scheme, Life Assurance cover, Annual VDU eye tests
- Training and development opportunities
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Senior Warranty Specialist
Accounts Assistant (Part-time)
Reward Operations Advisor