Software Test Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £60.00 per hour
Share this job
My client who creates some of the world’s most cutting-edge software products for Missile sub-systems are looking for Software Test Engineer to join them on a 6 month rolling contract. The Test Software team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team of around 50 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. It’s a great place to learn about the company’s entire product range.
Role: Software Test Engineer
Pay: £60 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: 6 Months Rolling
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required
- Designing, developing and supporting Engineering based Test Equipment software to test world leading complex missile systems and sub-components;
- Working with a wide range of teams and stakeholders to deliver Test Engineering software capability of products from early concept to production;
- Exploring and experimenting with new implementations and technologies to meet the ever challenging customer requirements;
- Challenging and implementing real change when opportunities arise in the way the software is developed both within test software and the wider software community
- Embracing Agility and delivering value to the company giving you are real sense of achievement
- Working in a Software Engineering office / lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
Skills & Experience
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with Ada, C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- Proven experience of working with tools such as Lab Windows CVI or Test stand would be an advantage.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- A strong understanding of what is required to create high quality software and the ability to support quality practices
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices
- Proven experience of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as DVM’s. oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as TFTP, Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553 buses
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aeronautical Manuals Writer
B1.3 ON AW169
B1.3 ON AW139
Aerospace Components Build Technician
B1 Licensed Engineer
Assembly and Test Mechanic