£65.00 - £70.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a System Architect on a 12 month contract. As the System Architect the role will encompass the definition and implementation of a state-of-the-art network technology to encompass interoperability between telecom infrastructures (4/5G) and the Zephyr fleet management system incl. aircraft, connectivity payload and ground systems. This role will act as “expert” to the project management and engineering team for their delivery of an operational system which will then be a mission critical part of the HAPS connectivity solution for NTN applications.
Role: System Architect – Telecoms Network Management
Pay: £70per hour Via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 12 months
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Define and develop the requirements to interface the Zephyr fleet management system with telecom infrastructure (e.g. 4/5G mobile networks, software defined networks, O-RAN, protocols).
- Define network architecture and APIs at conceptual, functional and physical layer to implement the interface requirements between telecoms infrastructure and the Zephyr fleet management system.
- Survey markets, select supplier candidates for API and network solutions
- Specify, design and implement APIs and software solutions to achieve end-to-end interoperability between telecoms infrastructure and the Zephyr fleet management
- Test, integrate and deliver solutions in accordance to the Zephyr development roadmap
- Develop and support early capability demonstrations through software simulations.
- Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action activities of the Zephyr program.
- Previous experience in the definition and implementation of a telecoms infrastructure solutions in a comparable industry.
- 5 years+ of Service delivery in a technology function with concrete deliverables as examples.
- Ability to manage complex technical challenges with multiple interfaces. Leading to state-of-the art solution.
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence, software development, simulations.
- Experience of software defined networks, 4/5G architectures, network protocols and applications,
- Self-starter with the ability to operate in a start-up organisation with significant growth aspirations.
- Ability to deliver on time, on quality and on cost.
- Excellent written skills to design and develop clear requirements.
- Project management experience to ensure timescales and KPI’s are met.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Quality conscious working method and organised approach to tasks.
- Enjoy using own initiative, working unsupervised and taking responsibility.
- Able to collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders (senior management, customers, regulators, engineers, flight and ground crew) to ensure project delivery is achieved.
- Excellent IT Skills relevant for the post.
- Ability to travel worldwide.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Repair Management Executive
AOG Support Executive
System Engineering Manager Navaids
NAS Project Engineer
Principal Supportability Engineer