Maintenance and Engineering
£17.00 - £22.49 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Tool Custodian on an initial 12-month contract. As the Tool Custodian you will support the HO Maintenance Services under the Maintenance Integrator control to ensure that all necessary tooling and equipment required to support the companies Military UK are accounted for, controlled and managed.
Role: Tool Custodian
Pay: £17.00 per hour Umbrella, £22.49 per hour PAYE
Location: Brize Norton
Contract: 12-months, 5 on 4 off, 12-hour shift.
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS+ clearance to start – SC clearance required.
- Be trained and competent in using the TCMax system
- Carry out 100% inventory check of the store including MMTs against the system at each handover of responsibilities.
- Complete required paperwork for governance of the store including zonal checks at set periods determined by the controlling procedure.
- Ensure when issuing equipment and tooling that a 100% content check is carried out
- Ensure when receiving back equipment and tooling that a 100% content check is carried, the items are serviceable, any consumables are replenished as required and that the items are clean and not damaged.
- Manage all kits with multiple items ensuring they are sealed using a tag once accepted.
- Ensure all items returning as U/S (Unserviceable) are clearly marked with a U/S label, quarantined and highlighted to the Maintenance Integrator
- Ensure all items out of calibration are clearly marked with a U/S label and quarantined
- Controlling the access rights to the bonded tool store
- Report any abnormalities to Line Operation SLE for immediate investigation
- Ensure all tools are cleared on TCMax for the applicable aircraft before returning the aircraft MTT
Skills / experience required:
- Ability to manage and cultivate important relationships essential.
- Ability to influence important relationships at a wide range of levels (e.g. working level and management) whilst acting as a trusted advisor essential
- Ability to take the initiative in sustaining customer satisfaction under pressure necessary, including the willingness to take ownership of problems and provide authoritative answers
- Attention to detail, systematic behaviour and reliability are necessary, with personal aspirations for continuous improvement desirable
- Sensitivity to the unspoken interests and concerns of others necessary
- Ability to put the interests of the programme/ product ahead of national or company allegiances necessary.
- Experience in practical implementation of engineering and customer support
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Siobhan Miller at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer