179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Maintenance and Engineering
£16.80 - £17.10 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
My Bournemouth based client is growing and is now seeking an Assembly Mechanic to join them on a contract basis.
Role: Assembly Mechanic Level 3
Hours: Monday – Friday, 06.30am-15.00pm on site (37 hours per week)
Salary: £17.10 per hour PAYE plus holiday pay (apprenticeship served)
£16.80 per hour PAYE plus holiday pay (without an apprenticeship)
Location: Bournemouth Airport
Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application.
A drug screening is required on all successful candidates prior to starting the assignment.
Assembly Mechanics will repair, overhaul & modify a variety of Mechanical, Pneumatic, Heat Transfer, Electronic, Air Turbines and Electro-mechanical aircraft components in accordance with FAA, EASA & Repair Station regulations.
This includes all aspects of the repair process including: Diagnostic fault finding, strip, initial inspection, parts call up, build & testing of the final units.
- Interpret Component Maintenance Manuals Service Bulletins & other Technical data approved by the regulator required to perform the Repair & Overhaul duties.
- Perform a preliminary inspection of the unit to include a diagnostic test, disassembly, cleaning & component inspection.
- Determine the material required to Overhaul/Repair
- Repair/Overhaul & assemble the unit in accordance with approved technical data.
- Perform final test of the unit in accordance with approved data to determine eligibility for return to service
- Prioritise & process units in order to meet customer due dates.
- Process units in accordance with the Quality Management System. & Repair Station Manual & MOE.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Previous experience of precision assembly work and testing is desirable.
- A recognised Engineering Apprenticeship is desirable but not essential
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer