2752287 – Java Development Engineer
£55.00 - £63.28 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Java Development Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Java Development Engineer, you will be required to join a project team to deliver a Management System for a new Satellite development. The developer will work in an agile Development environment and will contribute to all stages of the software development lifecycle and should have experience in design (particularly using UML/SysML), development (particularly using Java technologies) and test. The developer should have experience of working with micro services. Automated testing is a critical part of the project so any experience of this would be highly beneficial.
Role: Java Development Engineer
Pay: £63.28 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Portsmouth, hybrid working 3 days on site and 2 remote
Contract: 12 Months – 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security clearance: SC Clearance status
- Development of code within an agile environment (Scrum) and in line with Quality and processes defined within the project
- Develop tasks assigned from Sprint Planning to include Unit Testing
- Develop implementation to meet defined Acceptance Criteria
- Support team with Scrum tasks such as Daily Scrum Meetings, Refinement Meetings, Sprint Planning, Closeout and Retrospectives
- Interact and support the Test Team to deliver a good quality product.
- Java Core (version 8+)
- Spring Boot 2.x.x – Good knowledge of Developing with the Spring Framework, JPA and Hibernate
- Experience of developing within a microservice architecture
- Web Services using RESTful APIs and HTTPS
- Distributed systems
- Knowledge and use of software design patterns (MVC)
- Agile Development Processes
- CI/CD delivery techniques
- Source code management (we use GIT)
- Use of Issue tracking systems (such as Jira)
- UML/SysML experience using Enterprise Architect or similar
- Ability to self-motivate and to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to promote innovation in self and others
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”