2754462 – Lab Test Means Software Engineer
£55.00 - £60.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Lab Test Means Software Engineer to join on them on a 18 month contract. As a Lab Test Means Software Engineer, you will be responsible for
developing and maintaining the Test Management System (TMS). This suite of software applications is used across all of the lab test means in Filton and on a number of lab test means in Toulouse and Getafe. It is a key enabler for test specialists to perform their tests as well as providing a platform for rapid prototyping of new ideas involving technologies around lab test means (e.g. Virtual Testing, Test Automation Data Acquisition).
Role: Lab Test Means Software Engineer
Pay: £60.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton 100% on site due to use of tools and equipment
Contract: 18 Months – 35 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: Basic
- The software engineer will focus on the development and maintenance of the TMS system in support of lab test means development and upgrades. The software engineer will be involved in the full life cycle development from understanding the customer requirements/needs, prototyping the code, building a software release, testing the release and delivering to the customer.
- They will also be expected to support the customer base on the lab test means themselves. They can expect to be involved in a range of different activities using both legacy technology (VME, VxWorks, TCL) to modern technology (PCIe shared memory).
- Being part of a transnational team the software engineer will be expected to support our transnational colleagues on software topics thanks to their own knowledge and experience. They will have the ability to rely on skills and resources within the team.
- The software engineer will contribute to the digitalisation transformation and Big Data initiatives within AIRBUS by introducing new components and technologies and adapting current tools and means.
- Candidate must have minimum of 5 years’ experience in software engineering
- Must have knowledge of CC++ and experience in real time systems
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience with Windows and/or Linux systems
- Experience with C/C++
- Basic knowledge of Real time system design
- Knowledge in New technologies (IOT, Wireless, network and web technologies)
- Good problem solving skills
- Team player & open minded
- Agile development mind-set
– Advanced level of English
Education & Training
Educated at degree level (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Software Engineering or other relevant subject.
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”