776 – 1 Customs Officer
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Customs Officer on an initial 12 – month contract. As the Customs Officer you will be providing customs entries for Import and Export across all Manufacturing UK sites.
Role: Customs Officer
Pay: £20 per hour via umbrella
Location: Stevenage – onsite
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 12 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required can start on BPSS
- To provide a full range of proactive Customs services – including Customs entries, import and exports, IPR Customs warehousing.
- Organise and prioritise own workload to achieve customs related activities and to enable product to be shipped
- Develop, implement and maintain effective delivery of processes and practices and contribute to process improvements where appropriate in relation to movement of goods being able to follow instructions effectively.
- Plan, control and deliver customs monitoring in an efficient and cost effective manner, and contribute support to shipping and warehousing ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
- Support other department’s key deliverables by ensuring effective planning and delivery of imports/exports.
- Prepare paperwork and distribute to the correct departments and service providers.
- Respond to requests from internal customers for advice to facilitate the resolution of issues and problems.
- Support, and participate in, appropriate employee communication processes.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Support management in determining/gaining customs clearance, aiding smooth movement of the shipments implementing SC&Q activities and projects which will maximise the achievement of business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of customs related environment
- Good understanding of current and emerging Customs and Departmental policies, processes and procedures
- Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience
- Understands internal and external customer requirements
- Customs knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good Listening skills
- Proficient in the use of all relevant support tools, and systems, including IT skills
- Good analytical, reporting and problem solving skills
- Able to contribute to the development of new ideas and appropriate solutions for implementation
- Previously working to deadlines, timetables, multi-tasking and priorities
- Able to support achievement of significant milestones, targets and outputs
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
DSA Needs Assessor
Assistive Technology Trainer
Addetto/a Amministrazione e Contabilità Aziendale
Senior Pensions Data Technician
Building Construction Project Leader