A330 Project Leader Systems (Fuel/Landing Gear)
£30 - £35 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a A330 Project Leader Systems (Fuel/Landing Gear) to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the A330 Project Leader Systems (Fuel/Landing Gear), you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects and tasks within the Systems (Fuel/Landing Gear) area. This will be achieved by integrating with the various stakeholder functions to ultimately deliver A330 Programme priorities.
Role: A330 Project Leader Systems (Fuel/Landing Gear)
Pay: £35 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week
Contract: 12-month contract – high likelihood of extension
Location: Filton – hybrid working optional
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS Clearance
- The Project leader will be accountable for leading all the activities within their portfolio. This is an interesting and sometimes challenging role which has a high profile within the systems perimeter. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver their work package in line with the agreed plan to ensure they achieve challenging time, cost, and quality objectives.
- The Project Leader will ensure that processes are in place and implemented to ensure project management and direction of cross functional teams to ultimately deliver to time, cost & quality. External integration of Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement and Customer Services functions as well as external supplier management are key in achieving these deliverables.
- The Project Leader reports to the Programme Management Team (Filton) and will be expected to demonstrate excellent facilitation and co-ordination skills, to ensure that good lines of communication exist across the Wide Body (A330/A350) Programme. He/she will be expected to provide regular progress reporting and escalate issues that need to be resolved cross functionally or with external suppliers. He/she also contributes to the yearly Operating
- Plan development and monthly financial outlook, reporting on all activities within their perimeter. This will be achieved through regular reviews with the Programme Management, Chief Engineers Team & Engineering.
- Key end results include ensuring project costs remain within budgets, customer priorities and expectations are managed, and that development and modification projects are delivered to the declared target or POE (aircraft Point of Embodiment). This must be achieved whilst taking a global ‘best for business’ management approach and adhering to Programme Management and Configuration Management processes.
- This role will involve some travel for business and as such the candidate must be able to travel accordingly.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of managing projects through the full project ‘lifecycle’
- Proven abilities to manage suppliers
- An understanding of budget control
- Good technical knowledge to enable an understanding of technical issues and challenges
- An understanding of the specification, design, build and test process
- Knowledge of configuration management, its tools, and processes
- Strong team player
- Experience at delivering to time, cost, and quality
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English (Negotiation level)
- Ability to work in a transnationally managed environment
- Ability to influence and lead multi-functional teams
- Experience in facilitating, co-ordinating and directing meetings
- Educated at degree level or equivalent experience in projects/programme management
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Specialist Electrical Technician
Repair Stress Engineer
Stores and Logistics Officer
Production Test Engineer
Logistics Import Executive
Jigs & Tooling Project Manager
Production Test Engineer