Horsham, West Sussex
£23000.00 - £29000.00 per annum
Share this job
My client has a fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager to join them on a permanent basis! You will be responsible for winning new business and selling freight services to potential new clients and existing customers. This role will include full account management of clients to achieve profit growth through the effective management of customers. They are looking for enthusiastic, innovative, and motivated individuals with a real passion for account management that will go the extra mile to understand the needs of each one of their customers.
The successful candidate will also have a focus on day to day operations and work with the team to manage daily operational work.
Role: Account Manager
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Salary: £23,000-£29,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Generate new prospect leads and new accounts over the telephone
- Make sales calls (outbound) to potential clients to profile and qualify the prospect, using your knowledge of the product portfolio
- Visit potential customers and prepare quotations for presentations to customers
- Manage the accounts in your business base by maintaining and developing the levels of business within that client base, ideally with the aim of becoming the sole supplier
- Make regular contact with your customers pro-actively to ensure that we are satisfying the needs of the customer and with a mind to developing further business opportunities within the account
- Coordinate Air, Road and Sea shipments to/from the UK and Cross Trade moments from start to finish
- Proactively engaging with existing clients to maintain and build relationships.
- Monitor and action the department emails throughout the day and proactively react to new and live requests as they happen.
- Prepare and present quotations for projects, ad-hoc and regular movements.
- Accurate data entry into Excel & internal systems
- Ensure good communication and working relationships are maintained with clients/overseas agents/suppliers.
- Assist in the on-call rota between operations
- Have a strong desire to work hard and always exceed customer expectations
- Development and maintenance of existing Accounts for specific customers
- Accurate data entry into internal systems and job completion
- Continuous improvement and regular reviews of existing processes
- Sales and Operations experience – Essential
- Very good verbal and written knowledge of English is a must
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with IT systems
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Key competencies: accuracy, attention to details, helpfulness and politeness, dutifulness, multi – tasking, patience, stress tolerance, ability to meet deadlines.
- Graduate (desirable)
- Polite, flexibility, honesty, communication skills, strong work ethic, ‘extra mile’ mentality, determination, and persistence
- Ability to work in harmony with co-workers
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- 23 days holiday
- Phone/laptop provided
- On-site parking
- Gym and shower facilities
- Pool table/kitchen facilities
- Company Social events
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV at Line Up Aviation, or apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”