Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£22.00 - £24.62 per hour
Share this job
My Fortune 100 client in Poole is seeking a temporary Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to start as soon as possible for at least a 6 month contract.
- Pay rate – £24.62 per hour PAYE plus holiday pay in addition.
- Free onsite parking
- Hours – Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm, 37.5 hours per week
- Contract Length – at least 6 months for the right candidate
- A drug screen test is required on all successful candidates prior to starting assignment
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the design, development and verification of manufacturing equipment and processes for optical gas detection products; including Automated Optical Alignment & Optical Product Test Systems, Optical Assembly, Process data acquisition & capability analysis, and yield improvements. Projects to include introduction of new processes / systems into production, and enhancement / development of existing systems.
- System specification and requirement capture
- Design/ Redesign/ replacement of jigs, fixture & test equipment
- Process design and optimisation
- System testing, refinement and verification
- Yield analysis and corrective action identification and execution
- Project Management
- Creation and maintenance of PFMEA
- Supplier management
- System and process documentation
- Support to resolve production issues
- Managing priorities
Education Required (academic and/or technical education)
* HND / Degree or equivalent experience in relevant discipline (including optics, mechanical, electronics, physics)
* Maths, English, and Science GCSEs (or equivalent)
Work Experience Required
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in optical production process automation or development role.
* Optical and Mechanical design of production equipment.
* Software engineering for automated systems with responsibility for programming in a production environment.
* Management of projects, including scope definition, project planning / progress monitoring, implementation, verification / debug, and handover.
* Electronics experience would be beneficial
Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required
- Use of 3D CAD software, preferably Creo
- Use of Zemax or other optical modelling tools.
- C# programming (MS Visual Studio), able to understand, modify, and verify software
- Knowledge of 6-sigma and/or Lean methodologies, knowledge of MiniTab desirable
- Methodology for requirements capture and stakeholder review
- Software source code and mod-level control
- Knowledge of digital and analogue electronics highly desirable
- Competent user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Project management skills, and ability to prepare a Gant chart
- Knowledge / experience of Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage suppliers / contractors
- Ability to understand technical documentation including circuit diagrams, wiring drawings
- Ability to adhere to company procedures and work practices
- Ability to use Microsoft Team Foundation Server as a tool for software development and source code control
Behavioural Competencies Required
* Technical excellence / integrative thinker
* Excellent communication skills (ability to relate to staff of all levels / disciplines)
* Team player with ability to positively influence others
* Organisational skills
* Decision making based on facts and data
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer
Digital Learning Specialist
Program Quality Engineer
B1.1 on A320 Munich
B1 or B2 on 757, 767, A320, A330 Neo Frankfurt