Air Traffic Controller
Share this job
My client has a fantastic opportunity for an Air Traffic Controller to join them on a permanent basis. You will be providing aerodrome and radar approach control in accordance with Manual of Air Traffic Services Parts 1 and 2, the Air Navigation Order and Aerodrome Manual.
The successful candidate will be required to operate and make decisions in accordance with the valid ratings and current unit endorsements contained within their Air Traffic Controllers Licence. Whilst also being responsible for the supervision of the Air Traffic Services Assistants and for the training of Air Traffic Controllers to unit endorsement standard in accordance with the Unit Training Plan (subject to the holding of an OJTI licence endorsement and being accredited as an OJTI at the unit).
Role: Air Traffic Controller
Hours: 39 hours per week averaged over a twelve-month period.
- To provide aerodrome control
- To provide radar approach control
- To provide flight information services
- To formulate and ensure despatch of METARs
- To ensure that information is processed and disseminated to relevant departments (both internal and external) however received.
- To provide supervision of the Air Traffic Control Assistants.
- To undertake any other task commensurate with the responsibilities and level of this post as reasonably requested.
- A current Air Traffic Controller’s Licence issued by the Civil Aviation Authority, containing a current medical certificate (CAA Class 3) and the following valid ratings:
- Aerodrome Control Instrument (ADI)
- Approach Control Surveillance (APS)
- ICAO English Language Proficiency Certificate at Level 5 or higher
- Be able to obtain a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Provision of employment history and references for previous 5 years
- Experience of working in a complex visual circuit, integrating visual and radar traffic; control of vehicular traffic on the airfield and monitoring maintenance and engineering teams on the airfield.
- Preferably 2 years minimum experience as a valid radar and tower controller, experience of working in Class D and Class G airspace preferred.
- Previous experience as an OJTI is desirable, but not essential
- A current Certificate of Competence in Meteorological Observing
- Supervisory/managerial experience within an ATC environment
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV or apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Stores & Logistics Officer
RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
Goods Inwards Inspector
Principle Building Control Inspector
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor