Aircraft Business Manager
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
A unique opportunity has arisen with my client for an Aircraft Business Manager on a permanent basis. The role of the Aircraft Business Manager is to provide support in the delivery of targeted projects and delivery of P&L targets while acting as a key point of contact between the customer and the organisation throughout the maintenance project.
Role: Aircraft Business Manager
Salary: Upon Application
- Support and drive the Aircraft Business Management strategy, plans and initiatives.
- Brief Production, Operations and Finance teams prior to project start on key contractual terms and ensure project team members are fully aware of the commercial terms.
- Manage the execution of Airframe Maintenance Projects from a contractual perspective within assigned area to ensure project budgets and commercial objectives are achieved (TAT, profitability, Customer Experience Score)
- Develop sustainable, trust-based relationships with the customer on-site representative to ensure customer program needs are managed effectively throughout the heavy maintenance event.
- Active participation at the internal pre-input meeting, daily onsite customer meetings during project term and washup meeting post completion.
- Develop strategies to increase efficiency within a given contract and to achieve optimal commercial results for each customer programme.
- Facilitate timely problem resolution of contractual issues to minimise impact on project commercials.
- Minimise the time from CRS to invoice for your assigned projects by ensuring timely sign-off on project hours, materials by the customer on-site rep and relevant 3rd party approvers.
- Work closely with Finance Department in the preparation of invoices (hours, materials, freight, other costs), ensuring accuracy and completeness of billing for each maintenance event/programme.
- Act as main point of contact between the organisation and the customer. Manage all customer queries & escalations related to the project and liaise internally with support functions as required to resolve queries in a timely manner
- Focal POC for Customer for any contract related topics and interpretation questions.
- Build productive relationships with internal stakeholders and employees on all levels.
- Deputise for other Aircraft Business Manager(s) and the Head of Production as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous management experience is essential.
- 10+ years of experience in Base Maintenance with relevant qualifications / degree.
- Successful track record of relationship building, problem solving, influence, proactivity and sound judgement.
- Problem solver with excellent organizational and project management skills, and the ability to be timely, responsive, and resourceful.
- Proven success working with all roles and levels of management
- Will be required to travel for business purposes.
- Ability to generate new ideas and identify potential for improvement within the Department.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation –
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Development & Production Test Engineer
Production Manager (Aviation MRO)
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer