Aircraft Component Grinder Technician
£29500.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Share this job
My client is looking for an Aircraft Component Grinder Technician to join on them on a permanent basis. As an Aircraft Component Grinder Technician, you will be responsible for grinding aircraft components to precision limits in accordance with company with procedures OHM /CMM /SOPM
Role: Aircraft Component Grinder Technician
Pay: £29,500 to Max £40,000 per annum plus shift allowance PAYE (Maximum salary is an opportunity to grow to this level)
Location: Hayes, Middlesex
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday (Overtime at weekends)
- To operate all types of grinding machines to fine limits
- To be able to work unsupervised/ minimal supervision
- To be able to read and understand technical drawings
- An awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company’s environmental and H&S procedures
- You will be required to maintain Practical Experience Record (PER) book
- You may be required to train personnel with a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience
- The nature of the job requires the applicant to come into contact with various greases and oils
- The position involves the training and use of overhead cranes
- The job requires the applicant to understand manual handling
- The job requires the use of hand tools and power tools
- The position involves the use of complex machinery
- The ability to keep your working area clean and tidy and to a 5s standard
- The role requires prolonged standing although there are a number of breaks in the day and involves lifting heavy aircraft components
- Analytical, PC literate, planning, organised and good communicator.
- Able to maintain performance under pressure
- Ability to make decisions.
- Profound level of problem solving skills
- Able to communicate with all levels of Management
- Must be a strong team player willing to improve and learn methods and processes with the attitude to pass on knowledge and help with the improvement of the working environment within the department an company
- Extensive experience working internal and external grinding machines. Knowledge of both essential
- Aerospace background not essential but would be preferred.
- Experience of working with cylindrical and surface grinding machines
- Knowledge of CNC grinding preferable
Education & Training
- Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
- Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent
- Ability to communicate fluently in written and spoken English
- Training will include Human Factors, manual Handling and possibly LEAN basic training.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”