Aircraft Engineering- Shift Supervisor
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Shift Supervisor on a permanent basis. The Shift Supervisor will be a certifying engineer who leads and manages the day to day operational activities to ensure the safe and efficient operation of their responsible shift. They will be required to take on administrative and managerial duties including workload management and booking control, production planning and will be responsible for supervising and managing staff on shift.
Role: Shift Supervisor
Salary: Upon Application
Hours: 5,5,4 Shift Pattern -Days & Nights
- Maintain awareness of company Health & Safety policy and to ensure that staff under their control practice approved methods to minimise risk to personnel or equipment.
- Also, to encourage a safety culture among shift members and advise the Station Manager of any potential hazards identified or improvements that could be made.
- To promote a safety conscious culture.
- Effective Management, development, and motivation of the team.
- To encourage a strong work ethic and encourage staff interaction across shift personal.
- To lead by example.
- To manage all shift activities and responsibilities ensuring efficient use of manpower whilst ensuring the activities contribute to the continued airworthiness of the based aircraft with expedient clear up of defects.
- To establish and encourage communications and good working relations across all reporting areas and interfacing departments.
- To assess all work requests and requirements with particular attention to tooling, manpower and downtime.
- To manage and maintain a safe and efficient line maintenance operation.
- Aid in maintaining an efficient and effective shift to aid the continued airworthiness of Customer Aircraft.
- Ensure shift levels and skills are sufficient to achieve planned workload in line with Production Planning Process and bring discrepancies to the attention of Engineering Management.
- To ensure a good relationship is maintained between all line stations and interfacing departments.
- To review daily the Customer work requests, ensure spares have been identified/received and placed on Pre-load.
- To aid Customer Airline achieving its on-time performance targets.
- To ensure all responsible staff are aware of their responsibilities and updates to relevant procedures.
- To ensure the line station is maintained in a clean, safe and efficient manner during their period of duty.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of Base operated A/C
- Supervisory and or Managerial experience
- Technical experience in aviation and experience of certifying Aircraft with a UK/EASA part 66 Licence
- Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Production Planning
- A recognised apprenticeship within the aircraft industry or similar
- Qualified Part66 Licence for types relevant to station with a minimum of 3 certifying years experience
- You must have the right to work in the UK – Proof will be required at the scheduling interview stage
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation –
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer