Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for an Aircraft Fitter to join them on a permanent basis. As the Aircraft Fitter, you will be performing and assisting with inspection, maintenance and repair of aircraft systems and structures.
Role: Aircraft Fitter
Location: Farnborough, UK
Hours: 07:00-19:00, 4 on 4 off
Salary: Discussed Upon Application
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications under supervision of certifying staff
- Assist with movement of aircraft as required
- Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paper work in a timely manner
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment
- Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic power units, hydraulic lift platforms, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
- Ensure all customer property is properly protected
- Use material tracking system to create parts demand, and to charge labor to Work Orders, items, and squawks
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic and de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required. and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address and report unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required
- Recognised Aviation industry approved apprenticeship with experience within a EASA Part 145 organisation
- Working knowledge of EASA regulations, Process Specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, company policies and procedures
- Ability to live and work in the UK without restrictions
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer