Aircraft Systems Test Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£32 - £36.16 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking an Aircraft Systems Test Engineer to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Aircraft Systems Test Engineer your role involves supporting the testing of the aircraft through the manufacturing process. You will work within a multi-discipline team investigating issues identified during aircraft manufacture and test and act as the liaison between Design & Operations in resolving them on the aircraft.
Role: Aircraft Systems Test Engineer
Pay: £36.16 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Contract: 12-month contract
Location: Broughton – Hybrid working
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
Task and Responsibilities
- Dealing with queries that are of a Mechanical/Electrical bias that are raised by Operations and finding a solution on the aircraft in conjunction with Design.
- Creating and updating BVTI’s, BVRI’s, GTI’s and RTI’s.
- Specific process improvement projects.
- Aiding in the preparation and setup of the ME systems and integration.
- Creating Material masters for new part requirements and extension for maintained parts.
- Ability to work across Disciplines Electrical, Structures, Hydraulic and Fuel Systems, etc…
- Working across all aircraft programmes (A320, A330, A380, A350).
This role gives excellent exposure to all the functions working in Aircraft Systems Test ME with specific emphasis on systems and the unique challenges faced within the test phase of the manufacturing process. It requires someone with energy, persistence, and initiative that can operate in a dynamic environment where high levels of reactivity & flexibility are considered essential. Providing shop floor and Engineering support.
- Interpretation & understanding of engineering drawings.
- Multiple airbus aircraft programmes experience desirable.
- Click n Buy – placing orders and GR goods on reciept of parts, experience desirable but not essential.
- CPR1053 – experience and knowledge desirable.
- PUWER – experience knowledge desirable.
- Health and Safety – Risk assessments experience and knowledge desirable.
- SAP APD planning of manufacturing instructions & bill of materials, experience desirable.
- SAP PEA planning of manufacturing instructions & bill of materials, experience desirable.
- PRIMES experience and knowledge desirable.
- PDMLink experience and knowledge desirable.
- Engineers work bench (desirable but not essential).
- CATIA V5 interrogator (desirable but not essential).
- Material Master creation experience (desirable).
- Knowledge of aircraft structure or systems installation & test.
- Experience of Quality Assurance / Quality Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering processes & procedures.
- Familiar with SQCDP principles.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Skilled Aircraft Electrician
Production Planning Assistant
Avionics/Electrician Technician – Rotary
Simulator Equipment Maintenance Technician
Wheel and Brake Technician (Entry Level)
Helicopter Engine & Propeller Maintenance Technician
Systems Performance Engineer