Aircraft Systems Test Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £35.03 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for an Aircraft Systems Test Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As an Aircraft Systems Test Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the testing of the aircraft through the manufacturing process. The successful candidate will work within a multi-discipline team investigating issues identified during aircraft manufacture and test and act as the liaison between Design & Operations in resolving them on the aircraft. This is a technical role that involves office-based work but also requires physical inspections on the aircraft. A key part of the role is to ensure the configuration of the aircraft is maintained to the latest design standard during embodiment of modifications, design changes, & repairs.
Role: Aircraft Systems Test Engineer
Pay: £35.03 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Broughton (fully onsite)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 35 hours per week (Standard 35 hours per week (working 4.5 days between the hours of 7am – 7pm, hours agreed at business discretion)
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Dealing with queries that are of a Mechanical/Electrical bias that are raised by Operations and finding a solution on the aircraft in conjunction with Design.
- Creating and updating BVTI’s, BVRI’s, GTI’s and RTI’s.
- Specific process improvement projects.
- Aiding in the preparation and setup of the ME systems and integration.
- Creating Material masters for new part requirements and extension for maintained parts.
- Ability to work across Disciplines Electrical, Structures, Hydraulic and Fuel Systems, etc…
- Working across all aircraft programmes (A320, A330, A380, A350).
- Ideal candidate would be experience within systems testing in an aerospace environment
- Aviation/ aerospace experience is highly desirable
- Requirement for someone from a strong engineering background
- Working on projects within the business, someone who has experience within project management is a bonus
This role gives excellent exposure to all the functions working in Aircraft Systems Test ME with specific emphasis on systems and the unique challenges faced within the test phase of the manufacturing process. It requires someone with energy, persistence, and initiative that can operate in a dynamic environment where high levels of reactivity & flexibility are considered essential. Providing shop floor and Engineering support.
- Interpretation & understanding of engineering drawings.
- Multiple airbus aircraft programmes experience desirable.
- Click n Buy – placing orders and GR goods on receipt of parts, experience desirable but not essential.
- CPR1053 – experience and knowledge desirable.
- PUWER – experience knowledge desirable.
- Health and Safety – Risk assessments experience and knowledge desirable.
- SAP APD planning of manufacturing instructions & bill of materials, experience desirable.
- SAP PEA planning of manufacturing instructions & bill of materials, experience desirable.
- PRIMES experience and knowledge desirable.
- PDMLink experience and knowledge desirable.
- Engineers work bench (desirable but not essential).
- CATIA V5 interrogator (desirable but not essential).
- Material Master creation experience (desirable).
- Knowledge of aircraft structure or systems installation & test.
- Experience of Quality Assurance / Quality Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering processes & procedures.
- Familiar with SQCDP principles.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer