Aircraft Technical Manager
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
A great opportunity has arisen with my client for an Aircraft Technical Manager on a permanent basis. The opportunity is suitable for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Aircraft Technical Manager seeking a role in a fast paced and rewarding environment.
Role: Aircraft Technical Manager
Salary: Upon Application
- Using the Project & Performance Management System, manage your assigned team on a day-to-day basis to meet and exceed all KPI’s set for the aircraft.
- S: Prioritise health & safety compliance
- Q: Maintain adherence to Quality & Airworthiness procedures at all times
- C: Control man-hours clocked; materials ordered & returned to enable the team to deliver an efficient commercial result
- D: Adhere to milestone & job card targets to facilitate an on-time redelivery
- P: Manage capacity to ensure the project stays aligned to planned loads plus sign off hours
- 5S: Maintain high standards of housekeeping, tool control & workplace organisation.
- Manage team’s performance through continuous appraisal and review. Ensure regular effective communication takes place with employees.
- Develop line personnel to maximise skill levels, flexibility, and certification levels of the team, ensuring the team has the right people with the right skills to meet the business requirement.
- Lead and support the Employee Oriented culture from a recruitment, onboarding, and employee engagement perspective.
- Ensure rosters are being produced by the Lead Engineers & adhered to by employees in order to achieve productivity & utilisation targets, while also ensuring compliance with the Organisation of Working Time Act.
- Lead the Aircraft Project Team to deliver projects through preparation, execution, and delivery phases of the project lifecycle, ensuring a co-ordinated and professional handover of the aircraft to the customer.
- Facilitate daily customer meetings ensuring representatives are fully appraised on check status, issues or open items affecting progress while also managing customer expectations.
- Communicate to the Aircraft Business Manager and Head of Production the aircraft status, any blocks affecting progress and planned actions to resolve issues. Escalate by exception only.
- Lead Continuous improvement in your area.
Experience & Qualifications
- Have at least 5 years related experience in Aircraft Maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree or recognised management qualification or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Have previous experience in the Management or Supervision of personnel.
- Be a good team worker, able to identify and develop individual and team ability.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation, and the ability to build trusted relationships.
- An energetic, dedicated approach combined with excellent planning and organisation skills and a commitment to deadlines, targets, and high work standards.
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer