Airframe Skilled Production Technician
£22.60 - £27.12 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for an Airframe skilled Production Technician to join on them on a 6 Month contract. As an Airframe Skilled Production Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacture of prototype Zephyr aircraft and associated Ground Support Equipment on time, on cost and on quality. You will need to be resourceful, react quickly to change, proactive in planning, and able to provide technical input to advise design teams and peers on progress, issues and improvements (process or design).
Role: Airframe Skilled Production Technician
Pay: £22.60-27.12 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Farnborough, Hants
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid working 3 days onsite 2 days wfh)
Security Clearance: BPSS Check (including a criminal record check).
The Zephyr is a state-of-the-art solar powered ultra-lightweight Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for use in commercial and military applications.
- Assembly and production of carbon fibre structures
- Mechanical (CFRP) assembly of Zephyr structural platforms
- Manufacture of detail components, using hand tools and abrasives
- Maintain build records
- Health and Safety process adherence and reporting
- Self-certification of work completed
- Continuous Improvement of the production system
- Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action delivery
- Safe handling and protection of very fragile and flexible components
- Experience in a hands-on multi-skilled practical airframe engineering role
- Experience of composites assembly/production techniques
- Experience of close tolerance assembly techniques and standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of production/maintenance processes to quality standards
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and interpret requirements into finished products
- Conducting and recording of structural tests
- Skilled composites laminator, specifically high quality, low mass components
- Machine shop experience on manual and computer-numerically controlled machines
- Previous experience in aerospace or high-end motor sport
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”