Airline Supply Chain Manager
Share this job
In partnership with our client, the first full-service airline to be launched in over 17 years, we are pleased to invite applications for the position for Supply Chain Manager.
This position will be based in Riyadh, offering a unique and exciting opportunity to influence what will become the new standard of international air travel.
We are looking for a professional Supply Chain Manager who is responsible for the implementation of best-in-class innovative and cutting-edge processes in all facets related to airline Supply Chain within the Operations team, including material procurement, sourcing, contracting, logistics, component repair, warranty, supplier relationship management, and oversight of the ASC’s inventory. The Supply Chain Manager will work on all aspects of planning, storing, handling and shipping aircraft related parts and materials. This role plays a critical part in the success of the operation in terms of cost and performance, with close collaboration with technical operations, Maintenance, and Procurement functions being a critical success factor.
The Supply Chain Manager will require that all new implemented processes are in line with ASC’s overarching strategy, mission and vision of becoming a pioneer in the aviation eco-system by leveraging latest technology trends/innovation strategies available, as well as demonstrated best practices to achieve operational excellence.
- Initiate and implement supply chain operations for the airline and develop the functional areas in readiness for start-up and ambitious future growth, including initial supplier support and inventory sourcing, with the future scale of the airline in mind.
- Development of a specific material management strategy including inventory that is in line with ASC’s positioning as a digital-first, innovative airline, taking into consideration owning, leasing, pooled, or vendor managed inventory. This will also need to be balanced with component and aircraft support approaches, which may form part of the aircraft acquisition strategies.
- Develop and implement best-practice clear cost management strategies over the supply chain lifecycle to ensure the best performance and cost balance over the lifecycle of the aircraft.
- Define a clear set of performance metrics and service level agreements between Supply Chain, the Suppliers and Production to drive a strong performance and delivery culture to support the operation.
- Creation and management of short-, mid- and long-term goals and objectives related to inventory placement, aircraft component sparing levels, and other corporate sourcing and procurement initiatives.
- Management, organization and coordination for the airline line and base material holding and stores strategies, ensuring effective stocking levels at all stores locations in support of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance operations.
- Work with cabin and technical teams in the selection and procurement of cabin equipment and furnishings including establishing contracts and spares requirements in a cost-effective way that supports the airline cabins in operation.
- Establish and deliver a robust Supplier Management approach to ensure transparency and support for the required performance, managing vendor supply and quality issues effectively.
- Prepare timely and accurate statements, reports, and presentations to meet ASC requirements, policies and quality standards.
- Perform any related activities according to business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Maintenance Management or any related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an airline supply chain organization, with 5 years in a managerial position.
- High proficiency in MS Office
- Strong knowledge of global supply chain trends
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of initiative and accountability
- High level of professionalism and work ethics
- Adaptability and desire to work in an evolving/start-up environment where policies and processes are being created
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent command of English with strong written communication skills.
- Arabic is an advantage.
- This is a full-time, permanent position and you must acknowledge the requirement to relocate should you be successful in the recruitment process.
- You must be willing to sign a non-disclosure undertaking before we can discuss the role in any greater detail.
- You apply in the understanding that you will be required to provide 2 professional references and a criminal record check should you be successful in the first stage of the recruitment process.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Neil Leighton at Line Up Aviation.
Apply for this role
Airport Services Duty Supervisor
Senior Airport Services Agent
Airport Services Duty Officer
Executive Handling Station Manager – Menorca
Executive Handling Station Manager – Madrid
Executive Handling Station Manager – Sevilla
Executive Handling Station Manager – Jerez de la Frontera
Executive Handling Station Manager – Santander
Executive Handling Station Manager – Bilbao