AIT Mechanical Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £35.00 per hour
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for a AIT Mechanical Engineer to join them on an initial 12-month contract. You will be providing AIT Mechanical Engineering support involving writing processes, plans and procedures in 3D Experience for the production of Satellites and payloads.
Role: AIT Mechanical Engineer
Hours: Full time Monday to Friday 37 hours – possibility of shifts. A full-on site presence is required
Clearance: BPSS and SC Clearance
Hourly Rate: £35 via umbrella – inside IR35
£26.45 per hour via PAYE
What you’ll be doing:
- Support to the customisation phase starting at the project kick off.
- Support project DMU (Digital mock-up/design for manufacture) sessions to ensure design for manufacture.
- Support in the creation of documentation required for the production phases, including ACS inputs, work instructions, and procedures.
- Lead the installation of Satellite appendages and applicable integration flows and preparation.
- Support the definition of MGSE for use on the Satellite and support procurement activities.
- Support Process Owner team in all aspects of their role.
- Support to AIT Lead Engineering team in periods of high workload.
- Support process owners with observation resolution and operational activities.
- Oversee unit installation activities on the Satellite.
- Support quality reviews, conduct PFMEA and Root Cause Analysis
- Support in the creation of re-work instructions based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out.
- Design of tooling / build aids for assembly execution
- Support to R&D
- Training module creation and maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring that our working modes and processes are standardized, optimized, and current.
- Produce new processes, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
- High mechanical skills and relevant experience.
- Minimum of HNC level in a Mechanical discipline
- Writing Procedures and process control.
- Practical and proactive.
- Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience in the production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans).
- High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
- Good problem solving skills (technical, logistics and organisational).
- Good planning skills and process competence, (MRP system experience an advantage).
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Appreciation of satellite integration processes and project phases.
- Satellite Appendage installation process (Solar Array, reflectors, antennas, deployable systems).
- Good understanding and detailed experience of complex mechanical systems.
- Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Prepare and carry out environmental tests (Vibration, Acoustic, Mass properties, Thermal) at unit, subsystem, instrument and spacecraft level.
- Handling and installation of thermal hardware (heaters, thermistors)
- Mechanical integration of electronic units, subsystems and instruments, mechanisms, antennas, solar arrays, mechanical sub-systems, instruments, payloads and spacecraft and control the documentation / process associated with performing these
- Previous experience of payload builds is a distinct advantage.
This role will be working on site full time – free parking is provided for this role in a local car park approximately fifteen minutes’ walk from site.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate and SC prior to commencement of the contract.
Applications are via – https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record – at a fee of £23 which will need to be paid by card in full at the end of the application process. The cost of the application is only recoverable from the client once the contractor has started and that recovery of costs is via the expense process.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Development & Production Test Engineer
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer