£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Share this job
I am seeking an AOG/Operations Specialist to join my busy aviation supply chain client in West Sussex.
Salary: £30,000- £35,000.
As part of the Operations Specialist Team, the successful AOG/Operations Specialist candidate will fulfil operational demands from airline customers. The majority of the role will involve dealing with incoming AOG requirements. The remainder of the role would be split between supplying for planned maintenance checks, PBH contracts, ad-hoc requests, etc.
You will be expected to work closely and communicate with the company’s airline/ customer providing detailed and confident feedback to all supply chain demands. You will ensure all aspects of Materials, Procurement and Inventory Management are efficiently and effectively processed within SLAs.
· To act as a focal point for the company’s airline customers.
· To act as the focal point for maintenance requests received from contracted customers ensuring these demands are raised in a timely manner, sources of supply are identified and to arrange shipment in accordance with the contractual service level.
· To assist with any customer backlogs either system or operational, ensuring customer delays are kept to a minimum whilst maintaining excellent communication with the customer, informing of potential alternative solutions & disruptions of supply.
· In the case of a Nil or No stock situation within the inventory; Investigate the possible fulfilment of the open demand by expediting the Repair/Purchase Orders, FOC exchange with the Repair vendor. Review the system for alternatives, review relevant OEM websites for alternative that may be available in stock. In the event the demand cannot be satisfied from the expedite process, then tender the market for the most cost efficient supply solution.
· Once the demand has been fulfilled by either an internal or external solution follow the demand through until shipping information has been provided by the freight forwarder, & in turn communicate the latest updates to the Airline.
· Providing 360 feedback to the Senior Operations Manager where future improvements and changes to our procedures will enhance the operation.
· Pro-actively engage with the allocated Program and Operations managers to ensure implementation of all contractual requirements to guarantee customer satisfaction and contract performance.
· Identify at an early stage potential problems and risks, evaluate and anticipate implications ,and be proactive with all concerned parties in developing and defining contingency/recovery plans and actions. Escalation to the relevant manager to support with resolution.
· The exploration of potential market source for new suppliers that could improve effectiveness, increase profitability or enable the company to embark in a wider range of activities should this be advantageous.
· Ensure that all components float levels accurately reflect the operational requirement by producing a statistical analysis so that any surplus or shortfall can be highlighted and rectified. Also ensure all reorder levels, minimum order quantities etc are set for ultimate efficiency on all items to prevent over stocking and stock out at all warehouses.
· Be in close relation with customer/be available to customer’s questions.
· Report all info collected regarding issues, complaints, customer internal changes, best contact/interlocutor, fleet evolution.
· Report any issues to the Manager in a timely manner
Ideal candidate profile:
· Educated to at least GCSE Maths and English Grade A- C (or equivalent)
· A broad knowledge and understanding of an Airline operating and business environment including Technical Services, Operations, Customer Services.
· Experience working with demanding customers
· Advanced computer proficiency: Microsoft Office – Word/Excel/Outlook and easily able to adapt to our internal IT-system.
· Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving.
· Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
· Problem Solving: ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes
· Negotiating skills: must have confidence and the ability to be persuasive and assertive – creative to find cost driven solutions.
· Strong judgment and decision making.
· Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately.
· Commitment to company values and ethics.
· Must maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism.
· Knowledge of IMOPS or a similar inventory management system
· Flexibility: must possess the ability to work within the 24/7 operation, to absorb multiple operational demands
· Continuous learning: ability to learn new procedures and adapt positively to change.
· Creativity: makes constructive suggestions and creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems
· Independent: must have the ability to carry out and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
· Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities.
· Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared.
· Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure.
- 4 on, 4 off shift pattern. 2 days (7am-7pm), 2 nights. All office based.
- Salary £30,000-£35,000 dependent on experience
- Free onsite parking and excellent public transport links
- Attractive benefits package including Private Medical & Dental Insurance, Enhanced Pension Scheme, Life Assurance cover, Annual VDU eye tests
- Training and development opportunities
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Senior Warranty Specialist
Accounts Assistant (Part-time)
Reward Operations Advisor