£9.89 - £14.75 per hour + plus holiday pay
Share this job
I am working with a manufacturing company in Leigh-On-Sea. They are seeking a number of Assembly Operators to help assemble materials manually, with hand tools and also using semi-automatic equipment.
Role: Assembly Operator
Shift: Monday to Thursday, 6.30am-4.30pm (3.30pm finish on Thursdays)
Pay rate: £9.89 per hour (plus holiday pay on top). Overtime is paid at £14.75 per hour (plus holiday pay on top) for any hours worked over the 37 hours per week.
Start date: ASAP
End date: 3 months+, with the possibility of going permanent
Main responsibilities will include:
· Following assembly guidelines
· Packing items in containers and boxes
· Operating tools and equipment.
· Operate semi-automatic and manual assembly equipment to manually & semi automatically assemble products.
· Comply with all relevant Health, safety, Environmental & COSHH requirements as well as relevant processes and procedures.
· Feed components and replenish materials for assembly / packing processes.
· Assembly of small components by hand so good hand eye co-ordination required.
Ideal candidate profile:
· Previous experience in light assembly work (small components.)
· Must be fully committed to achieving the team’s objectives and targets.
· Must be proactive towards improvement ideas/programs.
· Must be self-motivated and able to work using their own initiative.
· Must be willing to adapt to new working practices and techniques.
· Flexible approach and willing to support in other areas.
· Good communicator at all levels.
· Experience in working in a manufacturing environment.
· May be expected to work other shift patterns
** Please note, once offered, successful candidates will be expected to undertake a drug screen prior to starting.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Senior Electronics Engineer (Calibration and Maintenance)
Industrial Asset Manager
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing