Maintenance and Engineering
£20 - £24.30 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking an Assembly Technician to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Assembly Technician, you will be hand assembling and soldering of electronics PCB’s, Mirco Integrated Circuits, substrates, and general assemblies to ESA (European Space Agency)/Military specification standards. This includes analogue, digital and radio frequency type products.
As the Assembly Technician, you will be reporting to the assembly line team leader.
Role: Assembly Technician
Pay: £24.30 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 12 months
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS to start, followed by SC
Skills and Experience Required
- ESA Qualified Assembly technician
- Trained in Clean room disciplines and procedures, including ESD (Electrostatic Discharge)
- Trained in the use of associated manufacturing processes, machines, and tooling, including cleaning tanks, tape bonding machines, vacuum attachment of modules and component forming.
- Trained in the use of chemical adhesives, epoxies, and glues. Including weighing, mixing and traceability control.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements and controls.
- Understanding of COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Working to electrical drawings, wiring schedules and BOMs (Bills of Material).
- Maintenance of accurate work records and documentation to enable full traceability of product, parts, and workmanship.
- Use of sap company electronic business tools.
- Prototype wiring and new product development including working unsupervised from minimal information and verbal instructions.
- A very high level of manual dexterity.
- A very high standard of quality workmanship.
- Attention to minute detail. A significant amount of the work is carried out using binocular microscopes.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Helicopter Mechanic assembly line
Simulation & Modelling Engineer
Chief Engineer – Powerplant
Licensed Aircraft Engineer
EASA B2 on AW139 or AW109
Helicopter Standards and Training Engineer