Assistant IT Manager, IT Infrastructure & Security.
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating worldwide for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of service and attention. On behalf of our London based client, we are currently recruiting an Assistant IT Manager, IT Infrastructure & Security.
Job Title: Assistant IT Manager, IT Infrastructure & Security.
Location: West London (Heathrow Airport)
Contract Type: Permanent, Fulltime
Scope of Role
Assistant Manager, IT Infrastructure and Security, working in conjunction with our client’s team based in Hong Kong is responsible for the IT infrastructure and security operations for their facilities in London, Amsterdam, and Middle East.
To act as the local focal point to ensure the overall IT infrastructure and security operations meet the business requirements, and maintain/enhance the operations excellence, recoverability of IT services for our client.
IT Operations excellence
- Oversee the end-to-end IT operation to support business functions in accordance with agreed service levels and schedules.
- Ensure the disaster recovery plans, business continuity plans are fit for purpose.
- Manage various internal and external service provider to meet HAECO service levels
- Infrastructure Solution Delivery
- Oversee the end-to-end solution delivery to ensure fit for purpose, on time and within budget.
- Manage vendors in IT project delivery, systems development, support and production transition.
- Infrastructure Security
- Collaborate with Group and HAECO HKG security teams to enhance the IT security controls and procedure in order to protect company data
- IT Operation Governance and Management – Design, build, measure and manage a set of service KPI to support business needs.
- IT infrastructure solution delivery and support – Lead infrastructure solution delivery and production transition
- Teams Leadership and Management – Lead a competent IT Operations team.
REQUIREMENT EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Technical Experience
* A minimum of 10 years of IT experience in IT Operations and IT Security
* Tertiary qualifications
* Proven experience in managing teams of technology professionals (including in-house, external, off-site resources) for services (i.e. Incident, change, problem and end user computing)
* Good understanding of latest technology and future trend
* Professional competency in at least one technical specialization, with broad understanding of other current and emerging technologies
* Strong interpersonal skills promoting technology excellence, positive working atmosphere and managing conflict and team member expectation
2. Leadership Experience
* Drive for Result: Manages changes effectively, adapts quickly to ambiguity and directs the project team to respond positively to changing situations. Brings solutions rather than problems.
* Customer Focus: Holds the project team accountable for meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
* Collaborating & Influencing: Communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written dialogue, for technical and non-technical audiences. Creates a strong project team culture and encourages team members to work effectively.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation: Think out-of-the-box and solve critical issues with high learning agility. Encourages the project team to challenge conventional approaches and introduce new ideas and perspectives.
* Developing Self/Others: Invests time in feedback and coaching. Seeks out, recognizes, and creatively uses what people from different backgrounds have to offer.
* Business Acumen: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to tackle challenges and reduces ineffective or inappropriate practices and barriers.
3. Other Qualifications
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, or a related field or discipline
To apply please send your latest CV for evaluation.
This is a UK based opportunity, to be successful in your application you must already have the rights to live and work in the UK, sponsorship is not available.
Due to the number of applications that we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.