Aviation Maintenance Controller
South East England
Maintenance and Engineering
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Share this job
I am seeking a permanent Maintenance Controller to be based in the south-east of England.
The candidate will control all line maintenance activity, rescues and defect rectification on this fleet of Airbus A320 family aircraft. This is a key role in ensuring safety management and continued airworthiness utilising technical expertise and industry expertise.
B1 or B2 license essential with A320 tpe rating.
Maintenance Controller responsibilities will include:
- Managing significant AOG events to ensure a prompt return to service across a large and expanding network.
- Maintain an accurate daily log of maintenance events
- Liaise closely with operations to ensure aircraft meet scheduled departures.
- Ensure the maintenance plan is carried out as required by all contracted maintenance providers.
- To ensure appropriate legislative and company procedures are adhered to in order to remain compliant.
- Recommendation of operational performance improvements
- Liaising with all other internal departments as well as the OEM’s , to provide continuous fleet and operational performance improvements
- To provide, as requested, on-site support at the line stations during AOG recovery.
- Assist engineers in the interpretation of OEM and company documentation to aid troubleshooting or defect rectification.
Ideal candidate’s profile:
- Proven experience in a supervisory role within aviation engineering
- Must be an CAA or EASA Part 66 B1 or B2 licensed engineer with the ability to gain company type authorisations
- Extensive A320 family experience essential to assist with trouble shooting
- Broad experience covering line and base maintenance
- Experience in a maintenance operations environment would be an advantage
- Knowledge of AMOS IT system would be beneficial
- Good understanding of maintenance schedules
- Ability to hold an airside pass
- Good knowledge of both Part 145 regulations and Airline Part M requirements with knowledge of CAA, EASA and FOCA.
- Able to communicate to a both suppliers and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High Level Numeracy skills. Excellent IT skills
- Team worker with demonstrable leadership skills
- High standard of organisational skills and time management
- Ability to provide new and innovative solutions to technical and operational issues.
- Job type: Permanent, full-time, day and night shifts over a 28 day rota
- Attractive salary plus shift allowance and annual bonus
- Additional staff benefits
- All applicants must hold the right to live and work in the UK at the timeof application. No sponsorships provided.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Licensed Aircraft Engineer
EASA B2 on AW139 or AW109
Helicopter Standards and Training Engineer
On/Off -Wing Aero Engine Mechanics
Live Build Manufacturing Technician
Electrical Test Operator
Electronic Architect (L5)