Aviation Safety Support Officer
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
My client is one of the global leaders in the offshore helicopter services industry.
They are committed to being the industry’s most efficient and safety-focused company.
Serving some of the major oil and gas industry players, their fleet of state-of-the-art helicopters are equipped with the highest levels of safety, performance, and service.
They are looking for:
Role: Aviation Safety Support Officer
Pay: to be defined on the basis of experience
· The Aviation Safety Support Officer plans and coordinates safety, environmental and health programs in compliance with required regulations, procedures and policies in aviation.
· Under the Safety Manager’s supervision, assists in monitoring operational and technical safety aspects and coordinating environmental health and safety programs, including safety inspections, accident investigations, and safety training.
- Facilitates the identification of safety environmental and health risks and promotes reduction or elimination of potential incidents, accidents, occupational injuries, illnesses etc.
· Participates in the development and implementation of safety programs.
· Advises regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of employees, pilots, engineers, technical and ground staff as well as regulatory compliance as mandated by ICAO, EASA and National aviation agencies, including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
· Performs risk hazard analyses and recommends mitigation procedures.
· Participates in the development and implementation of departmental safety tasks for tracking and reporting.
· Conducts routine and follow-up environmental health, safety and hazard audits/inspections of the facilities and prepares reports with recommendations/findings
· Analyses accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
· Skill in performing safety inspections ensuring compliance with EASA and IOGP safety standards.
· Must be familiar with aircraft accident investigation and reporting.
· Experience in the technical field of aviation safety and accident prevention and experience in use of EASA, FAA, IOGP or ICAO documentation is required.
· Ability to communicate operative and technical information.
· Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
· Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols.
· Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring compliance with EASA and IOGP safety standards.
· Knowledge of EASA, IOGP and National safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Skill in developing safety procedures and protocols.
· Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to:
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer