Avionics Design Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for an Avionics Design Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. As the Avionics Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the creation of high quality, accurate design data, ensuring it’s delivered on time and to budget.
Role: Avionics Design Engineer
Hours: Full time. Some Flexibility of working hours is available on agreement, however the role is predominantly based on site, due to the nature of work carried out.
Salary: Discussed Upon Application
What you’ll be doing:
- Production of manufacturing and installation drawings using AutoCAD in compliance with the Design Office Handbook (DOH) and relevant Certification Basis e.g. CS-27.
- Provision of support to the structural / mechanical design engineers in matters relating to electrical / avionic design.
- Provision of support to the production and installation engineers in matters relating to electrical / avionic design.
- Carry out aircraft surveys to define design solutions as required.
- Supporting wider business activities, such as design, certification and production planning where required.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- HNC / HND / Degree in a relevant engineering subject (Essential)
- Knowledge of, and the ability to select, appropriate avionic / systems manufacturing techniques and solutions for aerospace applications. (Essential)
- Experience working within an Aerospace Design Office (PART 21J). (Essential)
- Knowledge of aerospace avionic systems design processes. (Essential)
- Ability to work to a high and consistent level of accuracy. (Essential)
- Conceptual system design. (Essential)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc). (Essential)
- Right to live and work in the UK without restrictions
- Experience of the full design life-cycle from conception to delivery of the design package. (Desirable)
- Understanding of cockpit/cabin ergonomics. (Desirable)
- Proficient user of AutoCAD (training can be provided). (Desirable)
- Knowledge of CAA / EASA Part 21 Subpart J (DOA) & G (POA) requirements. (Desirable)
- Highly collaborative and able to work successfully as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of electrical engineering principles
- Previous experience as a drawing checker is beneficial
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer