B1 Licensed Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a B1 Licensed Engineer on a permanent basis. The role of the Licensed Engineer is to use your skills, knowledge and experience to carry out all maintenance activities within the line environment. Our client prides themselves on meeting their customer’s needs every single time across our entire network.
Role: B1 Licensed Engineer – Type ratings required are at the bottom of the Job Description.
Salary: Upon Application
Hours: Days & Night Shifts – 5,5,4 Shift Pattern
- To lead by example
- To ensure all tooling, equipment and premises within allocated responsibility are serviceable and any discrepancies are duly reported
- Responsibility to ensure all company and legal requirements regarding aircraft/component inspection and production documentation are duly complied with.
- To maintain licence/qualification and training validity necessary to support inspection authorisation utilised during completion of productive work tasks.
- To maintain a working knowledge of maintenance procedures ensuring strict adherence while carrying out line work tasks.
- To maintain acceptable airworthiness, safety, and performance standards in their delegated areas of responsibility.
- Responsibility to maintain a high standard of written daily maintenance handovers.
- To ensure the accomplishment of maintenance and inspection tasks within responsible area using resources in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- To undertake additional tasks and projects as required for the efficient and productive functioning of the company.
- To uphold the terms of any authorisation gained as required by the Head of Compliance ensuring the highest quality standards of work carried out by themselves and staff under their control.
- To ensure the accomplishment of maintenance within responsible area using manpower and resources in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- To ensure relevant procedures are followed, maintained, and reviewed ensuring compliance with all regulations.
- To ensure all relevant directions, procedures and directives are followed and correctly read and recorded.
- To ensure all H & S issues are assessed and brought to the attention of the Station Manager.
- To ensure a good relationship is established and maintained between all line station personnel and interfacing departments
- To aid the Customer Airlines on-time performance record
- To ensure all responsible staff are regularly briefed and aware of their responsibilities and updates.
- Maintain an awareness of the latest Technical Instructions, NTE’s and Procedures from all sources.
- At the beginning of each shift, be conversant with any ongoing problems, and aid the Shift Leader to maintain an accurate shift Log throughout the duty period.
- To carry out tasks as detailed by the Shift Leader and Station Manager
- Ensure vehicle and ground equipment checks are completed and certified to comply with CAP 642 requirements.
- You must hold a current UK CAA Part 66 B1 Licence
- Full Clean driving license required.
- Have extensive knowledge of Line Maintenance activities with hands on working experience.
- Ability to work a shift pattern including nights.
- Good standard of written/ spoken English including the ability to interact at a technical level.
- You must have the right to work in the UK – Proof will be required at the scheduling interview stage.
One of the below types are required-
- A320 (CFM56/IAE V2500/LEAP1A/PW1100G)
- A330 (RR TRENT 700)
- A350 (RRTRENTXWB)
- B777 (GE90)
- B787 (GENX)
- (All types needed across the positions. Can accept applications with 1 or 2 of the above type ratings.)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aeronautical Manuals Writer
B1.3 ON AW169
B1.3 ON AW139
Aerospace Components Build Technician
B1 Licensed Engineer
Assembly and Test Mechanic