£23.00 - £38.12 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Bid Officer to join them on an initial 12-month contract. You will be part of the Concepts and Technology team working closely with finance, commercial, Future Systems and technical functions. This role is focused on co-ordinating and managing research, concepts and technology bids into various externally funded frameworks. You will be responsible for driving pursue/ no pursue decisions, forming and leading bid teams to win new and interesting work that will help secure the future of the business.
Role: Bid Officer
Pay: £23- £38.12 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday
Contract: 12 -month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS + SC Clearance- UK Nationals Only.
- As well as taking the lead on bids into frameworks, you will also provide assistance to other Win Team Leads in the Concepts and Technology and wider UK S&BD teams as appropriate.
- Interfacing with internal colleagues, UK MoD and the nominated framework providers with whom you will be expected to develop and maintain effective and enduring relationships. For some bids you will have the opportunity to form collaborative teams with industrial partners and academia.
- Managing several bids simultaneously, often in tight timescales.
- You will be responsible for allocating and managing tendering spend, tracking bid progress and ensuring that the company submits compelling, competitive, and winning bids.
- Through close working with others, you will be contributing to shaping and influencing business strategy on key concepts and technologies for the future.
- You will require very good communication skills and will need to be committed to building relationships and working with knowledgeable and experienced colleagues to achieve timely and high-quality outputs.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent is desirable
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to plan ahead. Bid or project management experience is desirable
- The drive to create momentum and excitement within bid teams and obtain commitment to deliver timely outputs
- An appetite to provide constructive inputs to enable continued improvements to bids, frameworks etc.
- Business development experience is not a pre-requisite for this role
- Experience of working in teams. While not essential, it would be beneficial if you have experience of managing small teams.
- Very good communication skills
- An interest in and a level of understanding of technologies is beneficial although not a pre-requisite.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: at Line Up Aviation.
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”