Building & Construction Manager
£35.00 - £40.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are looking for several Building & Construction Project Managers to join them till the end of 2022. As the Building & Construction Project Manager you will be responsible for setting up and leading CAPEX projects from inception and feasibility, through to design and specification and final handover. Ideally you will have worked for a large organisation so have experince on the client side rather than purely construction.
Role: Building & Construction Project Manager
Pay: Up to £40.68 per hour Umbrella
Contract: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours a week, till the end of 2022
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- Lead MFTs through the detailed design of Building Services for a range of projects including major plant replacement and refurbishment works.
- An awareness of the associated maintenance and operation of engineering services including condition surveys, service delivery audits and preparing plant replacement/life cycle plans would be a distinct advantage.
- Application of industry standard design and calculation software
- Liaising with clients, architects, and other design team members.
- Preparation of reports, drawings, and specifications
- Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships.
- Project management of suitable projects, excellent communication skills
- Monitoring/ Audit/ Validate progress of Professional Service Work Packages, and works on site and observance of technical compliance and H&S matters
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage a Multi-Functional Project Team (MFT); including external professional staff, i.e., contract managers, client CDM, QS etc.
- Previous experience ideally within FM as in a senior PM role
- Experience in Capital Investment Project management, and project delivery is required.
- ONC / HNC or equivalent in a Building Engineering Services design-related discipline
- Previous experience of Building Engineering Services Refurbishment in existing buildings with particular emphasis on delivering small to medium sized projects
- Demonstrable experience of taking projects from inception and feasibility, through design and specification to site monitoring and handover.
- Ability to develop client brief into construction requirements, including scopes for External Professionals, i.e. architect, structural engineer, systems designers
- A good practical understanding of mechanical and electrical plant, systems and equipment in relation to engineering design, operation and maintenance across a wide range of sectors and building types
- Previous experience working within a consultancy environment.
- Hold relevant level of professional membership i.e., CIBSE, IMechE, IET
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Responsible for assuring safety, security, and ethical compliance i.a.w. company requirements
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
IM Cyber Security Transformation Project Coordinator
RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer
Powerplant Procurement Lead
Manufacturing Test Development Engineer
Skilled Paint Sprayer