Building Services Engineer
City of London, London
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £20.10 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
A vacancy has arisen for a Building Services Engineer to be based in London, SE1 on a contract basis.
This is an established national service contract with a large scope of building and accommodation services and as such any successful applicant will need to be highly motivated with a proactive approach.
The successful applicant would work with the existing team to ensure the building is managed effectively, which includes dedicated Site Supervisor, M&E engineers, Houses Services / Handy Person staff (semi-skilled role responsible for meeting room set up for meetings/events etc.).
The role will support day-to-day operations throughout the day (between 07:00 & 19:00hrs plus some extended hours) and will be responsible for general PPM and reactive tasks as well as the management of sub-contracted works. A 24-hour emergency call-out service is also provided.
· 40 Hours per week (includes shift between the hours of 7am & 7pm)
· Location – London, SE1
· Pay Rate is £20.10 per hour PAYE only plus holiday pay in addition
Main responsibilities of the Building Services Engineer:
· Undertaking PPM completion to agreed SLAs
· Providing a reactive service to deal with issues both in hours and out of hours
· Undertaking minor project works
· Management of sub-contractors for service and project works
· Participating in a 24Hr Emergency Call Out rota to cover site requirements
· Undertaking water treatment tasks in accordance with the ACOP
· Supporting external audits
· Additional job requirements to include:
· Updating of CAFM system
· Booking of time using the Service Management System (SMS)
· Identifying Continuous improvement initiatives including energy saving initiatives
· Maintaining Plant/Plant rooms to a high standard
Ideal candidate profile:
· In depth knowledge of building services with the ability to fault find and resolve problems
· City & Guilds Electrical Engineering
· IEE 17th/18th Edition trained
· H&S Awareness
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good level of customer focus / customer service
· Basic computer skills (Word, Excel etc.)
· A responsive, “can-do” attitude: – pro-active & self-motivated with energy and commitment
· Accuracy, sound judgment, and good prioritisation skills
· Able to work under pressure and to deadlines, (including outside normal office hours if required) and to have a flexible, service conscious approach
· Be punctual and have a proven sickness and time-keeping record
· The successful candidate will be required to undertake a drug screen test prior to starting. The result must be clear before starting work.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office.
Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
RF Microwave Design Engineer
Configuration Technical Support
Human Factors Engineer
Aircraft Fitters – Skilled & Semi Skilled
Wheel and Brake Technician (Entry Level)
Electronic Engineering Technician
Aircraft Engine Wash Technician
Licensed Aircraft Engineers – Saudi
Technical Services Engineer