Building Services Engineer – Glasgow
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £20 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen for a Building Services Engineer to cover 2 customer buildings in Scotland – Glasgow (G2) & Edinburgh (EH3).
The role is to carry out PPM tasks and carry out reactive works as and when required. The successful candidate will have a “can do” attitude, responding to ad hoc building fabric or handyman tasks and support the client site teams.
This role forms part of a Flagship contract and as such any successful applicant will be highly motivated with a forward-thinking proactive approach to new working practices.
3 month contract initially. May/may not be extended. TBC.
Main responsibilities of the Building Services Engineer:
* Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance Tasks.
* Carry out daily reactive calls.
* Carry out small works Mechanical/Electrical.
* Basic 40 hour week. However a flexible approach to working hours is required.
* Be prepared to work alone or as part of a team.
* Health and safety Awareness.
* Documentation compliance.
* Supervising of subcontractor ensuring completion of work and value for money.
* Demonstrate good financial awareness in the provision and completion of small work proposal.
* Understanding water treatment process, according to L8
* Maintain Plant & Plant rooms to a high standard.
* Carry out ad hoc handyman tasks as requested by client
Ideal candidate profile:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
* City & Guilds Electrical Engineering.
* IEE 17th/18th Edition an advantage.
* Proven mechanical/electrical skills in all aspects of Building Services.
* In depth knowledge of building services with the ability to fault find and resolve problems.
* Driving License for UK preferred. If you don not drive, train travel will be covered.
Experience in the following would be an advantage:
* BMS controls
* Pump Types
* Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
* Basic Plumbing & handyman skills
* Water Treatment
- Long term illness cover – initial 3 month contract
- Pay rate: £20 per hour PAYE plus holiday pay in addition
- Covering two buildings, one in Glasgow and one in Edinburgh
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK prior to application.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aeronautical Manuals Writer
B1.3 ON AW169
B1.3 ON AW139
Aerospace Components Build Technician
B1 Licensed Engineer
Assembly and Test Mechanic