£23.00 - £27.74 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Buyer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Buyer, you will be responsible for the Supply of Detail Parts to the different Airbus Plants for all Programmes. The Detail Part team is organised per commodity and category (i.e. technology). The team’s mission is to source and manage contracts from Suppliers based all over the world.
Pay: £27.74 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Portsmouth, Filton (3 days onsite and 2 remote)
Contract: 12 Months – 35 hours per week Monday – Friday
- Act as the focal point for your contracts covering various Airbus commercial programmes to lead projects as needed, manage the day to day relationships with suppliers and optimise customer value.
- Co-ordinate with the Multi-Functional Team (Design office, Programme, Plants, Quality and Supply chain) for all activities in relation to the parts / contracts that would be within your control.
- Monitor and apply the contract (during innovation, development, serial and support phases) with suppliers to achieve a complete application of the relevant terms and conditions to ensure that Quality, Support, Logistics and Delivery performances are in accordance with contractual / internal customer requirements and contribute to the definition and delivery of adequate improvement plans when relevant.
- Secure/Improve the AOP through the negotiation of contract pricing, continuous development (modifications) and participation to cost reduction programmes.
- Update relevant pricing information in SAP and ensure Purchase Orders are released as applicable.
- Manage the Call For Tender (CFT) process as applicable: Initiate CFT, manage inputs from MFT and present recommendations to Programme/Plant and PMD management.
- Contribute to the development of Procurement and supply chain strategies to help reshape the current supply chain and bring innovation into the current product portfolio within PMD.
- This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
The successful applicant will be ready to work autonomously, be a great team player and project leader and be able to deal appropriately with different stakeholders. A good knowledge of Airbus organisation, good communication skills, being adaptable and being customer focused are also key.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
– Procurement experience desirable, although applications from applicants with good business experience and knowledge of the Procurement process are also welcomed.
– Commercial / Contract / Finance knowledge is desirable.
– Good understanding of stakeholder management / internal customers
– Basic SAP Skills useful
– Excellent communication and negotiation skills
– Negotiation level in English
– Candidate needs to have 3-5 years industry experience
– Needs to have worked with contracts previously
– Need to be a strong communicator as they will be liaising with suppliers and internal stakeholders
– SAP and MRP knowledge are highly advantageous
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”