£13 - £15.59 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
Role: CAD Technician
Contract: Full time contract until December 2023 minimum
Location: Poole, Dorset
Pay rate: £13.00 – £15.59 per hour depending on experience. PAYE only. Holiday pay is payable in addition.
Hours: Mon-Thurs. 08:30 to 17:00 and 08:30-15:30 on Fri.
Other info: This role requires the candidate to pass a drug screen prior to starting
The Project Engineering team focusses on Electrical and Mechanical design and specification works.
As a key member of the Project Engineering team, the focus of this role is to prepare engineering drawings for manufacturing and for documentation to the customer.
Main Responsibilities of the CAD Technician:
- Collaborate with the Project Engineer on system design and create mechanical fabrication, mechanical assembly/outline and electrical engineering drawings using AutoCAD (Mechanical and Electrical versions).
- Demonstrable experience of control systems and sampling systems.
- Liaise with engineering and production to ensure suitable drawings are supplied and any changes discussed and recorded.
- Attend internal meetings as required and support manufacturing teams to ensure system manufacturing is successful
- Supply final drawings and technical documentation to client and service / commissioning engineers.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Completion of a recognised engineering modern apprenticeship or previous relevant experience
- IT knowledge, competent with AutoCAD Mechanical and Electrical packages. On the job training can be provided to bring a candidate up to speed
- Customer focused
- Team player with a flexible approach to prioritising workload.
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering knowledge, particularly Oil & Gas Industry.
- Mechanical fabrication knowledge
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Line Up Aviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.